Returning to Active Duty

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Returning to Active Duty

Post by GRV01 »

first I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and opinions here. Im glad to see youll all allow me to pick your brains on something other than just our favorite brand of lever gun

things are changing again. If there are any writers out there youre no doubt familiar with 'analysis paralysis' where you get too stuck on trying to figure out the nuts and bolts of a thing that you can never get around to writing about it and I feel that now. I feel paralyzed by choice since im at a cross roads for so many things in my life and learning quickly that im not getting any younger and choices are only becoming more and more permanent

Wifey and I are now considering picking up a job with CBP again. By again I mean I had completed all the preemployment process to get hired on the northern border in Vermont but because of reasons and timing we had to withdraw from the process. Ill be honest, part of it was because it wasn't a job I had much interest in. I had never seen myself in or desired a career in any kind of law enforcement but after thinking it over and feeling torn on so many things Im thinking its not at all a bad gig

any job anyone can get that pays them great, allows them to take it easy and not bust their hump, is secure, and allows them 'ride off into the sunset' to a retirement cant be all bad -- but most importantly, doesn't have to be a 'dream career' in something you love. Its a thing many of my generation (30 and 20 somethings) are struggling with

this is dragging on so ill say the plan is (or may be? Wifey and I are still debating this) to get back on with CBP albeit to Arizona as my wife was born and lived there til she was teenage. Ideally we'll live there for a few years until we're able to come back East, but what im excited about most is the possibility of finishing my degree and getting a commission in the Navy Reserve as an officer so I can finish my time in my old service

we'll see I guess, but again I just think I should be thinking and prioritizing which ever option is gonna set me, my wife, and especially my children up to have as much opportunity as I can scrape together for them. Wish me luck (and wisdom!)
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It sounds like you have a lot of options, I wish the best of luck!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Live good by being happy. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!