IP Blocking...

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: IP Blocking...

Post by pricedo »

We've got all skill levels of cyber-miscreant operating on the Internet these days.
Some of these guys are really good like several of the Russian hackers & on the other end of the scale we have the Nigerian emails we have all received from time to time that are quite moronic where so-called African business execs are asking for co-investors. I don't know how stupid you'd have to be to fall for any of their juvenile tactics.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Arktikos wrote:I saw that the Henry site has been hacked to bits. Looks like maggots on a carcass . Kinda sad.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
The website operated by the little shop where I bought my Pedersoli 86/71 was hacked to the point that the owner shut it down quite recently.
I think the little shop is still running but his site was as you say "hacked to bits".
I wonder if this is an anti-gun thing? :?:
It's within the realm of possibility........the antis don't miss a trick. :twisted:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

pricedo wrote:
Arktikos wrote:I saw that the Henry site has been hacked to bits. Looks like maggots on a carcass . Kinda sad.

The website operated by the little shop where I bought my Pedersoli 86/71 was hacked to the point that the owner shut it down quite recently.
I think the little shop is still running but his site was as you say "hacked to bits".
I wonder if this is an anti-gun thing? :?:
It's within the realm of possibility........the antis don't miss a trick. :twisted:
I was wondering the same thing but these posts on the Henry site look foreign in nature. Some don't seem to have a good command of the English language. Anyway I just don't see the point of it all.

No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

Anyone that is willing to take the time to get around the simple IP blocking is not going to waste there time with this site. There is no money to be made here, and dropping links to malware only works in a shotgun approach.
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Quinc wrote:Anyone that is willing to take the time to get around the simple IP blocking is not going to waste there time with this site. There is no money to be made here, and dropping links to malware only works in a shotgun approach.
That's the way I see it. Not one goof ball has registered since the IP blocking started.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Quinc wrote:Anyone that is willing to take the time to get around the simple IP blocking is not going to waste there time with this site. There is no money to be made here, and dropping links to malware only works in a shotgun approach.
Correct !..............and that is our saving grace.........NO $$$$$$$$$$$ to be made. :mrgreen:
A vending site with an associated :?: secure :?: database of juicy credit card numbers & other exploitable information ..........quite another matter.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Then of course you have to realize that every place where people gather is a potential marketplace whether that place be physical in a mall of virtual on a gun forum.
There's nothing wrong with free enterprise and site administrators have (& quite rightfully so) taken advantage of their virtual marketplace by selling shirts, caps, renting cyber real-estate on the title page & elsewhere on the site for commercially sponsored advertising links.
If I owned this site I'd want it to be self sustaining at the very least & if it put a little extra jingle in my pocket at the end of the day I'd have no problem with that.
I would NOT set up a credit card vending infrastructure & put a bulls eye on the place for the "real" hackers to target............the script kiddies & cyber-cretins aren't hard to keep at bay but you don't want to encourage the "big bad boys" to move in..........there are other ways of handling internet commerce transactions that don't involve making the site a target for cyber-criminals.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA