Rossi 2017 Catalog Available

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
MoMan

Re: Rossi 2017 Catalog Available

Post by MoMan »

Thanks RD! I've been waiting for this catalog to come out to see what they are going to be putting out. I'll have to stop by my LGS on Monday to see what the new M92, in 357 is gonna cost me now. I did find a blued 1 with a 16" round barrel (really wanted the 20"), for $529. I may just have to buy that 1 while it's available. Does the $529 sound about right for a new one (probably last year's model), it's at the local WM, so no chance of price drop.
Thanks!
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The only thing I can compare it to would be online purchases. The shops that had started to stock them around here stopped because of the returns.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Here in Dayton the one shop that has any 92s is asking $540 for either the 44 or the 357 both round barrels and 20". As of week before last he still had both.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

Ranch Dog wrote:The only thing I can compare it to would be online purchases. The shops that had started to stock them around here stopped because of the returns.
RD, what do you mean "because of the returns"? I tried to do an internet search for Rossi Model 92 problems. Most of what I've found was from mostly pre-2013. I have a M92, 45lc which I bought new last summer. It has been stellar. Is the problem with the 357 chambering, or all chamberings? Is it primarily in the newer rifles? I definitely value you guy's input.

Thanks!
MO

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

MoMan wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:The only thing I can compare it to would be online purchases. The shops that had started to stock them around here stopped because of the returns.
RD, what do you mean "because of the returns"?
A lot of gun buyers are not like us. When they buy products, they don't expect to have to clean them or wrestle with smoothing out the action or any number of things you see here. If it won't feed or fire, they return it and have no intention of messing with it. That is a majority of the gun buyer especially those that have never dealt with used guns.
Michael
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

I see the MSRP on the M92, 357 is $629, what has your experience seen them go for?
Does the $529+tax price seem in line for a new 16", blued, round barrel, 357?

I paid $485 for my 45lc last summer. It was new, and 20"round, blued barrel.

I am really liking that 357, while I would probably prefer a 20" barrel, the 16" might be kind of cool to have. Your thoughts on the difference in the 2 would be appreciated.

Thanks!
MO

Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Ranch Dog wrote:
MoMan wrote:
RD, what do you mean "because of the returns"?
A lot of gun buyers are not like us. When they buy products, they don't expect to have to clean them or wrestle with smoothing out the action or any number of things you see here. If it won't feed or fire, they return it and have no intention of messing with it. That is a majority of the gun buyer especially those that have never dealt with used guns.
I recall when I was growing up the standard break in on a semiauto handgun was considered a minimum of 200 rounds, more if those didn't cycle without problems. When I purchased my Springfield Champion I probably put 400-450 rounds through it before I was satisfied it would function reliably. It still hates soft lead SWC but can be relied upon with jacketed.

It's nice when something works out of the box and I'm predisposed to seek those items but with me it is standard to take a gun home and at least field strip, clean and relubricate it before going out to shoot it the first time.
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

Archer,
I agree. More and more gun owners these days buy a gun and a box of ammo, head straight to the range, and expect it just shoot flawlessly. Then get all over the internet and scream about what a %@*&$ the gun is when it has a hiccup of two.

I thoroughly clean every firearm I get whether new or used prior to taking it to the range. I'm the guy who doesn't seem to have any real problems with any of my guns (KNOCKING ON WOOD HERE!!), no matter who the manufacturer is/was.
MO

jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

Still not seeing any Rio Grands for sale.
The Marlins at Buds guns are cheaper than the 92s.
Sure would like to see what the new Rios might be going for?
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

jdl447 wrote:Still not seeing any Rio Grands for sale.
The Marlins at Buds guns are cheaper than the 92s.
Sure would like to see what the new Rios might be going for?
Plastic tends to be cheaper than steel :) . I still cant warm up to the new Remmarlins. And let's not even discus the Mosbergs (you can tell it's swell it's Matel :D ) and pricey for what they are.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image