Show us your pets

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Show us your pets

Post by Rooster59 »

My phone and Tapatalk are too slow to load a photo. Until I can sit at the laptop you'll have to take my word that we have 3 Viszla's. A 6 year old, 5 year old, and 7 month old. All girls. They're strewn along the length of our L-shaped couch at the moment. A warm fire in the fireplace must be a natural tranquilizer.

They tend to be a very tender hearted breed. Great as house dogs but they work like banshees in the pheasant fields. Sometimes it's hard to believe they are the same dog when you see them in both settings. If you raise your voice they get their feelings hurt but they will dive into briars without hesitation.

We were warned Viszla's are the ultimate velcro dogs. I found out quickly when the oldest was a puppy. In the morning I got up, let her out, then the two of us entered the bathroom for my turn. And to keep an eye on her while my wife slept. It was cold and I was sitting with the waistband of my sweat pants down around my knees. (Sorry for the visual) Nadia was cold too, obviously, because she stepped into the crotch of my sweatpants and curled up between my ankles. She and I have been inseparable ever since.

They keep their hunting skills sharp during the summer by stalking and treeing squirrels on our property. They refuse to leave the base of the tree until I come out with the .410 and knock it out of the tree. They are meticulous in their methods and every step has to be taken to the full completion. I think that is called obsessive.

Here's a photo from me trying to get a shot of my 1895CB this morning. They get a little excited when there is a gun nearby. L to R - Lenci, Nisa, Nadia
Marlin 1895CB W Girls - Upload.jpg
Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
larryp

Post by larryp »

My horse Josey
Our other mare Judy. She's a welsh/mustang/appy cross
My dog Molly. She was 10 months in this pic. She's 3 years old now and a might bigger at about 150lbs,lol.
My cat Chewy
The wife's dog Peaches
We have 2 other cats but I just realized I don't have any pics of them,lol.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

OK. That proves to me my wife wanting three bird dogs isn't nearly as crazy as I thought it was. What a variety you have. Your place must be chock full of love and companionship.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nice critters guys!

That sure is a big lap dog Larry!
Michael
larryp

Post by larryp »

Rooster59 wrote:OK. That proves to me my wife wanting three bird dogs isn't nearly as crazy as I thought it was. What a variety you have. Your place must be chock full of love and companionship.
It is, thanks.
Ranch Dog wrote:Nice critters guys!

That sure is a big lap dog Larry!
Yeah but she's as lovable as she is big. When we brought home a 6 week old kitten she immediatly layed down with it between her front paws and proceeded to give it a bath. She's still convinced that it's her own baby,lol.
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

All of our dogs came from shelters or rescue farms or just showed up here as a stray.

Here is the newest- a Cockapoo (they think). He belongs to our oldest daughter (replaced the Maltese that mommy hit with the car on the last day of Fall Break!!).
He was at the county pound- found wandering streets of the town and nobody came looking for him. Pretty good dog. Somebody took good care of him...until they didn't. They kept him groomed and teeth cleaned.
Good dog, very well behaved. The Spaniel in him shows though; his nose is to the ground all the time outside and when he catches a glimpse of a rabbit, he's off like a shot. He's already dug up several moles. Good boy.

The second newest, the other kid's dog, a Pomeranian mix (he looks about half red fox).
He's gotten a lot furrier since then. He's still a puppy, so is quite the trouble maker. Another shelter find.

My dog, a Bichon Frise.
A Bichon should weigh around 15 pounds. He's over 30. He is our second Bichon, and well, let's just say they aren't the smartest breed.
Another pound find.

This last dog shown is one that sorta gets shared among us, although he spends most of his time with me or looking for me.
We have no idea what mix he is. He started hanging around, then was here all the time, then stayed. We took him to the vet, who scanned him and found a microchip. Repeated calls to the home and work number got no response, so he is ours. We guess that someone dumped him out.
He's a really good dog- a big teddy bear to the kids, but lets out one of those growls you feel in your chest when anyone new appears. Just right.

The kids each have a Chinchilla too. Here's one-
There is also a gray one.
I didn't know a chinchilla from a sarsaparilla when the oldest started talking about getting one. I never did have any interest in this type of pet, even as a kid. But I have to say- they are kinda neat, and have been really great pets for them. They feel so soft. It's no wonder they'd make a nice coat!