I got lucky!!!!

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

I got lucky!!!!

Post by Steelbanger »

Naw, not that kind of luck. I happened to win a rifle in a drawing that my son bought me a ticket for. My prize, which I will pick up tomorrow, is a Ruger 10-22 takedown. First time I ever won on a gun raffle and if I live to 100+ years I will probably never win again.

Mike works with many Masons and that's where he bought this ticket. I hope I don't get caught in the money pit that these models induce on its owners.

Frank
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: I got lucky!!!!

Post by akuser47 »

I have an old 1022 with my own trigger job I followed the diy in the rimfirecentral.com forum. I have a aftermarket barrel made by shaw custom its a tack driver. The factory barrels can be very accurate I still have my factory barrel. Keep us posted to your range results. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

The 10/22's are sweet rifles. I've never owned one, but have shot several that were owned be friends. Some were factory and some were customized. My take from the factory rifle is that they are minute of squirrel ribs at 40 yards. Change out the trigger and they are minute of squirrel head at 40 yards. Put on a custom barrel and they are minute of squirrel's eye at 40 yards. It's all in what you want from the rifle. Personally, I replace the trigger group and call it fried squirrel for dinner.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The only stock parts on mine are the barrel and receiver.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good deal Steelbanger, I bet you can work at keeping it stock. My 77/44 is on the way to Texas!
Michael
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

77/44 blued? Looked at a blued with a walnut stock at a LGS yesterday,at $700 didn't know if it's a good deal or not.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I bought my blued/wood 77/44 the day before Ruger announced (9/16/16) that they would be discontinued, all 77s. I didn't know that was coming but I missed out on the blued/wood rifle when Ruger had it cataloged and figured the Acusports lot of rifles might be running out. I paid $610 for the rifle, $7 for insurance, and my FFL charges $25 so I'm into the rifle for $642 delivered. I went ahead and also bought a Basix adjustable trigger kit, bolt shims, and two extra magazines.

Michael
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

Yesterday I took the brand new Ruger breakdown 10/22 to the range since I had to go to verify settings on my 38-55 rifles. I love pleasant surprises and the Ruger delivered. I put a target at 25 yds, loaded the magazine and fired. I couldn't see an impact from the first shot so I just aimed and fired the remaining nine. When I walked to the target I was surprised to see this tight group. I am no stranger to open sights but in recent years my vision has been dragging downhill at a very fast rate. I loaded the magazine again and proceeded to empty it at a golf ball someone had left behind. Shooting offhand I only hit it 3 times but was still happy. Later in the afternoon I sent that ball on its final trip, using the 38-55 with a 250 gr. bullet.

I fine tuned the scopes on both 38-55s and I am all ready for the opener on Thursday.

Ruger take-down, first group.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very good Steelbanger and good luck on Thursday!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!