A Ten

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: A Ten

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Meet the sledge

Saw this and thought i would share, ooh ra!
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Ranch Dog wrote:TinMan, the link is dead but none the less it is great to read about your daughter's accomplishments!

The A10, there are a lot of people in this world that need to suddenly look up and over their shoulder into the sun and only see it!
I fixed the link. Lets see if it holds..... ;)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
My first encounter with an A-10 was in Germany (West) in June 1974. There were some early models running tests in the Baumholder area using M60A1 tanks as practice engagements. Having done a simple low level pass the pilot decided to do a loop and re-engage. Sadly he was too low and augured in.
Our tank company and others were given the task to walk the area and "police up" any parts larger than a finger nail.
It was amazing how quiet they were on approach. By the time they were heard it was far to late to take any evasive action. If your vehicle was in the sight you were history.
As tank crews we were thrilled they and the Cobras were on our side.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.