So thankful for a place like this.

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

So thankful for a place like this.

Post by akuser47 »

I am pretty active on ar15.com have been since 2004 give or take. Not a paying member as to many pricks there are rude and no real law helping new members there. You ask wrong question you catch hell for it. I'm used to it, but lately they have pop ups so bad the site is slow and laggy and you have to turn your sound off as the adds will start up while your reading. I mentioned this wondering if anyone else was seeing this as I was. I have a thread over there that's got really rude members flaming me. It helps remind me what a site with good manners is compared to them. Thanks RD for making this happen.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So thankful for a place like this.

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:Thanks RD for making this happen.
You're welcome ak and I know what you mean. One of my favorite forum became one big commercial so I stopped participating.
Michael
Coop 45

Post by Coop 45 »

I joined the African Hunting forum. I use the word forum lightly. While I do understand that this one is run as a commercial operation with various professional hunters and companies using it to advertise their products, I got a bit miffed when I had a post removed because I mentioned a gun shop that was not one of the advertisers. In the actual forum section someone asked about about open sights for a howa 1500 in 375 ruger. Finding these sights took me a few weeks of research so to help this person out I put a link in to where I got them from. Within 2 hours it had been removed and I also received an email chastising me.
So it's great to be part of a forum where people can be open and give a wide range of information from a wide range of sources.
"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it" Captain Harry "Breaker" Morant, last words to his firing squad.
92 45 Colt 20" stainless
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Sorry if I said something mean. It was probably on another site (24HCG).

You can spell most if not all the the ads with Firefox and a free blocker.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It's only the few that are on sites that act like a comment from a non paying active person is unworthy of attention. If we don't keep welcoming younger into the forums sites get old fast. Some die. I don't see the one I mentioned dieing off as there is a massive membership there. Just wish they'd be a little more tolerant.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Sorry if I said something mean. It was probably on another site (24HCG).

You can spell most if not all the the ads with Firefox and a free blocker.
With Chrome I use AdBlock which leave a lot of blanks on some of the forums! The marketing on Shooters Forum is pretty crafty. They take a post and insert links on keywords that a user used in his post. The links look logical and seem to be part of the post but when you click on them you end up looking at some product that is being sold. Really sneaky. You almost have to admire the coder that came up with that but alas, I know longer participate on that forum because of it.

In a nutshell these forums that once hated spammers have become their own worse spammer.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
I am happy to live in my computer ignorant bliss and enjoy simple conversation. Life is tough enough without getting blasted by other shooters for miss spelling or not using proper English grammer.
It is refreshing to know about some quiet corners in our shooting / hunting life that offer peace and calm but yet advance the sport with real information.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

+1

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image