east coast blizzard preppers anyone?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
alphalimafoxtrot

east coast blizzard preppers anyone?

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Hey guys,

just kinda bored here in Northern VA as I rest after getting my LAST wisdom tooth pulled this morning - yeah!

Anyway, blizzard is bearing down on us, expecting 20-30" by Sunday morning. Guess I will have time to do some gunsmithing!

Anybody else prepping for this storm?

Take care
Adam Lee aka alphalimafoxtrot
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
BadMonk

Re: east coast blizzard preppers anyone?

Post by BadMonk »

We're getting a little snow here in SE Penna, about six to twelve inches in this locale. The storm's gradient is something though. Sixty miles south of us near Philadelphia, it's twelve to eighteen inches or more. While sixty miles to the north, it's about an inch or so. Temps will climb back up into the 40s in a few days and most of the snow will just be a memory here...surely though, 20 to 30 inches will take a might bit longer to disappear.
alphalimafoxtrot

Here's our status update as of about 9:30 am, EST, in Alexandria, VA.

since lunchtime yesterday, we have 16" of snow (measured by news service - not counting drifting) and when I opened (or tried to) my front door to walk the dogs this morning....

let's just say I had to shovel for about 15 minutes just to carve a pathway through about 24-30" of snow drift...dogs were sad! Had to walk them in the street, since that was the only place that was plowed or shoveled out!

enjoying coffee and the fact that we are warm inside right at the moment. good luck to all in the affected snowstorm area - keep those lights shining!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
BadMonk

Post by BadMonk »

we're getting more snow than expected here in southeast pennsylvania. when i let my dog out this morning, the front porch had a drift of maybe eighteen or twenty-four inches and it's still coming down at a good rate. outside of the drift, we have about ten inches. the walkways and the driveway are shoveled for now...round one. will have to do it all over again since we're probably only about half-way thru the storm.
btoran

Post by btoran »

long island / nyc area is getting pounded now. on the bright side, i dropped our boys (8 and 9 years old) off for a sleepover last night 20 miles away. looks like they'll be there for a while. yippee!!
Bruce

Rossi R92 16" SS .357
Lee Classic Turret Press

Don't eat anything bigger than your head!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

btoran wrote:...on the bright side, i dropped our boys (8 and 9 years old) off for a sleepover last night 20 miles away. looks like they'll be there for a while. yippee!!
Awesome!

My daughter lives on Long Island but she hasn't sent me a report yet.
Michael
BadMonk

Post by BadMonk »

revised forecast is now 23 to 30 inches, up to six foot drifts, whiteout conditions, gusts up to sixty mph. my dog isn't going to like this for doing her business...lol.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

We lucked out, maybe two inches max. Neighbors are being cautious and staying put.

Flash doesn't seem to mind walking on the white stuff as long as it's not coming down.

Still will wait till the road is cleared up, there's ice under that snow.

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
btoran

Post by btoran »

the clean up....

backyard

the little snow blower that could
Bruce

Rossi R92 16" SS .357
Lee Classic Turret Press

Don't eat anything bigger than your head!
alphalimafoxtrot

Guys,

glad y'all are safe and sound....where I live, in Alexandria VA adjacent to Arlington and Fairfax Counties, we got pretty hammered. About 2 feet of snow not counting the drifts - my shorter dog gets lost in the snow, my bouncy long-legged spaz dog loves it!

enjoying (?) time off from work til at least Wednesday, I teach 5th grade and school's canceled in advance. Will be some time before the neighborhoods are plowed and such.

On the good side - plenty of time to tinker with little gun smithing projects! I'm drilling a screw hole for a buttstock mounted sling swivel in my 92 later - got the Marlin mag tube clamp style sling swivel mounted already.

Have fun y'all!

Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.