Be Afraid

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
pepperpete

Be Afraid

Post by pepperpete »

Just caught the 6.30pm news and they say your president is suggesting Australian type gun control for the US. Having lived through the implementation and ongoing never ending restrictions all I can say is " be afraid... be very afraid". We were put through this several years ago due to a well run and emotional propaganda campaign by the anti gun lobby and an ineffectual national association. Can't say things have changed that much in all these years. The anti gun block (political left) are still very active although we now have a strong national association helping counter bogus claims.
We don't have gun ownership in our constitution like you guys, ours is a weak colonial version of the British system so we will continue to have to fight to keep our firearms. I my opinion the only way to fight is to stay united and hope common sense prevails.

PS. They are now talking about classifying all lever action rifles as "Cat C" firearms, which will mean they are classified with automatic assault rifles and severely restricted! Insanity rules these days. Our politicians are as stupid as they are weak.
Cheers
Pete
"Freedom is like respect and love. It has to be earned every day by your actions and re-actions".
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Be Afraid

Post by Ranch Dog »

In that this moron is trying to circumvent our Constitution, you can bet that a close eye is being kept on him.
Michael
P89DC

Post by P89DC »

It's an old story being rehashed by your taxpayer funded liberal news to justify new restriction in OZ. Obama and liberal gun grabbers can't get what they want here in the US because we have a representative government that prevents screwing the voters as a parliamentarian government does so well.

In the US the gun grabbers are taking a long game, trying to use the tobacco ban model (health issue) to ban guns. Notice how the liability exemption has become a big issue in the Demorat primary.
44mag and 357mag are my choices for rifle/revolver cartridges.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I guess its good for me that I am working so much I don't get the news, even when I drive, I go to turn on the radio and the phone rings, Every time I pull off to P or get a coffee I end up ordering parts or scheduling more work, It got so crazy this week I forgot to put the Pistol in the car.
My son gave me a Cabelas gift card for Christmas,,,,,,,still in my planner,

HEY,,good to see yall when I can.
All this stuff in the news is dust in the air,, wait for it to settle.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Livefast123

Post by Livefast123 »

Count yourselves lucky you don't live in the crackpot EU / UK. In the wake of the Paris attacks they are now trying to ban semi autos that have the appearance of full autos, deactivated guns and antique guns from legal owners........never mind tackling the illegal guns trade, that's far too hard.

So I face the loss of my GSG 522 semi auto .22lr as it looks like an MP5......
Okie44

Post by Okie44 »

We lost one of the good guys. RIP Justice Scalia.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016 ... dead.html/
“Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.”
― Mark Twain
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Very scary what DingDong will try to do in the next few months.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GasGuzzler wrote:Very scary what DingDong will try to do in the next few months.
Roger that.
Numbnuts has apparently suggested Kamala Harris would be on his short list and she is another one that thinks it's perfectly ok to have minor infringements to the constitution.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Archer wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Very scary what DingDong will try to do in the next few months.
Roger that.
Numbnuts has apparently suggested Kamala Harris would be on his short list and she is another one that thinks it's perfectly ok to have minor infringements to the constitution.

don't forget eric holder and loretta lynch :o

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!