new rossi rifles

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

new rossi rifles

Post by twobitokie »

greetings sports fans. I saw on another forum a snippet about rossi coming out with a mod 86 in 45-70. Is this a slip of the tongue, wishful thinking, a possibility, or really in the works?

inquiring minds want to know.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: new rossi rifles

Post by joec »

Not sure what an mod 86 is since I see nothing listed on their site. Now I have a Rossi Rio Grande in 45-70 which is similar but not exactly the same as the 1886 lever guns sold by Marlin. It is actually closer to the 336 marlin rifles.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I wish it were true but a google search doesn't bring up anything. It is thrown around quite a bit, as a wish on the behalf of their customers.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I wish it were true but a google search doesn't bring up anything. It is thrown around quite a bit, as a wish on the behalf of their customers.
If Rossi could bring faithful to design Winchester '71, '86, '94, '95 clones to production of consistent good quality at half the price of the outrageously priced, tang safetied Japchesters with their problematic rebounding hammers being sold by Winchester's Rump they would get lots of sales.
I was seriously looking at the new '94 takedown in 450 Marlin that weighs 6.5 pounds but 2 things turned me off..........the rebounding hammer with the freeze prone firing pin linkage & the almost $1500 price tag.
How come Miroku can make a BLR takedown in 450 Marlin for $800 and the same thing in a '94 is almost twice as much?
I don't think Rossi would have much trouble undercutting the Japchester prices and cornering the market making other Winchester legacy leverguns.
While they're at it I wish Rossi would take a run at an 1895/GG clone.........they could do at least as well as Remlin (which Goodness knows wouldn't be hard) & do it cheaper.
Why the heck not??
Their last effort the Rio Grande 336 clone was superb with very few if any glitches.
Go for it Rossi !
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I really wonder about Braztech's capacity to mass produce rifles. We are Rossi nuts here on the forum but their production numbers are really not that big. Of course this is something that we experience while looking for particular models. The latest year for the ATF's stats showing actually numbers by manufacturer is 2010. Marlin produced 160,416 rifles and Taurus/Rossi 1,600.

The details stats for 2011 should be available soon but 10% of what Marlin is doing is not going to dominate anything. I've always pictured Taurus as a big player in handguns but their share for guns produced is on par with Kel Tec (128K vs. 104K). Ruger produced 472K in 2010.

I just don't know if Braztech has the facilities to keep rifles on the shelf of their dealers let alone dominate a market. I wish they did.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

At 1/100 the size of Remlin which isn't a big company by any stretch it sounds like the old Amadeo Rossi company of Brazil that Taurus bought was a mom & pop operation where a typical day was making guns til noon & then hitting the hammocks for a siesta when the noon sun has high in the sky til supper time.

Apparently not much has changed. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Paw Amadeo: "It's quittin time son."
Maw Amadeo: "Yer right Paw it's gettin mighty hot."
John Bob Amadeo (son): "But I ain't got the barrel put on this 92 yet Paw."
Paw Amadeo: "It's 12:01 son, just throw it in the box anyway. You're wastin good siesta time."
John Bob Amadeo: "OK Paw"
All 3: "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I think that one problem Braztech has, and it is or will affect Rossi, is that they literally build every component and every machine that is used to build that component in house. Absolutely nothing is out sourced to vendors, nothing. They see it as a bragging point, I see it as a fault. There are still models introduced in 2010, carried through the 2011 and 2012 catalog years, that have not hit the dealers yet. The dealers and retailers that I know, on the Taurus handgun side, see it as a fault as well. They simply are not delivering on what was promised to their customer base.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree I think they should focus on rifle production and after they have filled orders and distributers have masses of them in stock start to produce the phantom guns we do not have. Or as ranch said outsource some parts and streamline the process for faster production of the dread and butter rifles. I think they would do well but who knows.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!