What do you think?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!

Do you think this forum is going to make it?

Poll ended at 10 May 2012 22:12

Who knows
63%
Sure it will
38%
I doubt it
No votes

Total votes: 8

Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: What do you think?

Post by Quinc »

pricedo wrote:I've got the Steve's Gunz DVD but I have seen a couple of decent youtube videos on the topic.
The internet and youtube are a shooter's friend.
We're going to need all the friends we can get now that Romney has handed Obama the renewed lease on the Oval Office on a silver platter. :evil:
Use Google.......I'm sure you'll find something.

I spent a good couple of hours googling and best I could find was 1 video and he would pause and put the camera down during the parts I was stuck on. :evil: Luckily with the help of the forum I was able to get it. But the point is to get more people here. Not sure how many of those people would become members though?
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Raymer

Post by Raymer »

I certainly enjoy this forum. I've been retired for almost 10 years and shooting has become my main hobby. My newest gun is a 20" octagon 92. I had heard there may be some quality issues but that didn't bother me. I spent most of my 43 working years as a mechanic and I like a good puzzle.

I don't post much on the forum because I don't consider myself an expert by any means. But I will post when and if I think my personal observations may help someone.

thanks for maintaing this forum
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The American company called Winchester that domestically produced lever action rifles like the 1892 & 1894 is no more.
The Rossi company has more experience building these rifles than any other company and has in fact made several improvements in the original John Browning designs.
In other words ROSSI IS THE NEW WINCHESTER.
This forum as the unofficial information source hub for Rossi firearms is growing and will continue to grow and will be around for a very long time.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:The American company called Winchester that domestically produced lever action rifles like the 1892 & 1894 is no more.
The Rossi company has more experience building these rifles than any other company and has in fact made several improvements in the original John Browning designs.
In other words ROSSI IS THE NEW WINCHESTER.
This forum as the unofficial information source hub for Rossi firearms is growing and will continue to grow and will be around for a very long time.
"I second that"
The past few weeks seems we have had a boost in new members. I hope the surge continues to gain some advertisers to help with the cost.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:I hope the surge continues to gain some advertisers to help with the cost.
It has picked up quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. So far the cost is not unreasonable in that I'm using a "shared" server. There might come a time the forum comes to the point it need a dedicated server and I will need to figure that out. For now, enjoy!
Michael
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

You're doing a great job RD!

This forum is a breath of fresh air. My other favored forum is about to run me off completely. There are so many folks there with bad attitudes, big ego's, etc that posting there is like walking thru a mine field.

FYI, I just bought my wife a '62 Marlin Texan in 35 Rem. Researching bullets to handload lead me to one of your "technical papers" on the RD190 bullet for that caliber. You impressed me immensely.

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Thanks RD for the site we are grateful.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:Thanks RD for the site we are grateful.
You're welcome.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Rooster59 wrote: There are so many folks there with bad attitudes, big ego's, etc that posting there is like walking thru a mine field.

Jeff
More like swimming with a bleeding cut in an Amazonian river infested with piranhas.
They'll strip you to the bare bone & tooth fillings in 30 seconds. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

LOL! That too!

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver