What do you think?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!

Do you think this forum is going to make it?

Poll ended at 10 May 2012 22:12

Who knows
63%
Sure it will
38%
I doubt it
No votes

Total votes: 8

Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: What do you think?

Post by Barry in IN »

I responded but don't see it so must have skipped that little step of entering it.

I voted it will succeed, but I suppose that depends on what success means. It won't be as busy as a catch-all place like The High Road, but I think it will stay active enough. The rate of growth you stated for a (mostly) brand-specific forum for this time of year when we bears stop hibernating and go back outside is pretty good in my opinion.

And I don't think Rossi owners are necessarily Rossi enthusiasts. A lot of people own them, but usually one or maybe two rather than having a collection. Rossi sells a lot of guns, but I think they are spread around a lot of people. It's the guns that people buy six, eight, ten or more of that people join forums to talk about.

There is more than numbers. I have a few regular stops on my daily Internet forum rounds, and one of them is no more active than this one. It has been around for three years and I expect it is growing slower than this one and averages fewer posts per day. But I go there for the same reason I come here- Quality. The posts are few there and here, but I read and comment on almost every one of them. That is something that doesn't happen a lot. There are big forums that I look in on, see pages of new posts each day, and won't see a thing I care to read. I might post once a month. Here, I might see three threads with new posts and I'll probably read them all.
Which do you think I like more?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Barry in IN wrote:I responded but don't see it so must have skipped that little step of entering it.

I voted it will succeed, but I suppose that depends on what success means. It won't be as busy as a catch-all place like The High Road, but I think it will stay active enough. The rate of growth you stated for a (mostly) brand-specific forum for this time of year when we bears stop hibernating and go back outside is pretty good in my opinion.

And I don't think Rossi owners are necessarily Rossi enthusiasts. A lot of people own them, but usually one or maybe two rather than having a collection. Rossi sells a lot of guns, but I think they are spread around a lot of people. It's the guns that people buy six, eight, ten or more of that people join forums to talk about.

There is more than numbers. I have a few regular stops on my daily Internet forum rounds, and one of them is no more active than this one. It has been around for three years and I expect it is growing slower than this one and averages fewer posts per day. But I go there for the same reason I come here- Quality. The posts are few there and here, but I read and comment on almost every one of them. That is something that doesn't happen a lot. There are big forums that I look in on, see pages of new posts each day, and won't see a thing I care to read. I might post once a month. Here, I might see three threads with new posts and I'll probably read them all.
Which do you think I like more?
I own 3 of the old LSI Amadeo Rossi M92s (the new Braztechs are R92s) and a Rio Grande in .30-30 WCF as well as a Rossi SxS Stagecoach gun so I am as close to a Rossi enthusiast as any.
The mainstay of the RR Forum is a place where we can come to discuss the best ways to transform our Rossis from the "uncut diamond" to "gem quality" stage.
Stuff like RDs ingenious solution of using modified brass cartridge case walls to create tapered scope mounting shims is the crux of the raison d'etre for the RR Forum.
This place will always have a function in the above mentioned sense but it will be RDs decision as to when it's "lights out" cause after all he pays the light bill around here. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
TearDropFan

Post by TearDropFan »

Thank you Ranch Dog for correcting me where I was in error, and I mean that sincerely. I also want to thank you for putting up the $$s and energy to get a forum like this up and running. I had no idea it was only 90 days old. I try not to be a difficult person to get along with and would, with your permission like to hang around and learn from you and others. I value everyone's vast amount of experience and many different areas of expertise. I hope you can recoup your investment on the CJ soon.

I presently don't own any Rossi guns, but do see that many of them tend to be a great value for the money and believe Pricedo, when he stated that many are "diamonds in the rough". I have never done any reloading either, so I find a lot of things presented on this forum very interesting. I have never owned a lever gun, but the (M) or (R) 92s are looking very interesting! Again, please accept my apology for my slightly negative post and understand that I wish this forum all the success in the world.

Clyde
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."
rfroy

What do you think?

Post by rfroy »

I enjoy reading what few post there are a day. Many people seem to not like Rossi but everyone that I have shot were great. Awaiting my first 92 as soon as they are back in stock with my dealer. Thank you all for posting on this forum
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Even though this group is still quite small it has quickly become one of my favorites. For its size, the knowledge base is pretty darn impressive, more than a lot of other groups that have much greater membership. I also like the fact that it is friendly here as well with a bit less emphasis on politics and more on guns, ammunition, optics etc. While I don't really bring a lot to the table I do get good solid information on Rossis as well as everything else levergun related. The numbers might be few right now, but it will grow, the best thing to do for everyone interested in this forum is to be active, post lots of good posts because the "google bot" is recording our hits.. I don't own a Rossi now but if one I was interested in were to show up here I will be more inclined to go check it out, knowing more about what I am getting myself into.
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

TearDropFan wrote:Thank you Ranch Dog...
I appreciate your comments and participation on this forum Clyde. Same with each of you guys, time will tell what happens but I'm committed to maintaining the forum.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
TearDropFan wrote:Thank you Ranch Dog...
I appreciate your comments and participation on this forum Clyde. Same with each of you guys, time will tell what happens but I'm committed to maintaining the forum.
Good to hear ..........and our polite little tea party continues. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
phonejack

Post by phonejack »

A "thanks" for being commited.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

pricedo wrote:
Good to hear ..........and our polite little tea party continues. :D
phonejack wrote:A "thanks" for being commited.
Ditto that!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ridgerunner665
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ridgerunner665 »

It takes time...and the further downhill Marlin goes that faster Rossi will become more popular...that's not to say Rossi isn't a fine firearm, just that they have to fill a niche that developed as a result of Remington buying Marlin.

Marlin was the icon of lever rifles for a loooooong time (well, along with Winchester)...it'll take a while for Rossi to catch up, but it will happen.

Also, being a forum of narrow scope (just Rossi)...they seem to take a while to grow, but they generally attract a very dedicated crowd...what they lack in quantity, they make up for with quality.

I haven't been around here much myself but now that I have gotten the hang of Swype on this phone I'll probably be posting more...heck, I haven't been very active on any forums lately except Android forums...learning the finer points of this phone...now I'm addicted to the darn thing, LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX!
Proud parent of a US Marine....1833 AAV crewman