Riddle me this...

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
rfroy

Riddle me this...

Post by rfroy »

We have been hearing a lot about the quality of Marlin over the past couple of years and some of us are on the hunt for older Marlins to fill out our collections. I myself am looking for a pre-safety 1894 in .357 and a 336 in .38-55. While I don’t have a Rossi 92 as of yet (finally have the money but the market has dried up!) I hope to get one soon.

So my question is this: if Rossi were to make a 1894 clone in .357, 44, and .45 colt would you buy one? Or would you prefer they come out with these calibers in the Rio Grande line?

I personally love the 92 action but as I get older I keep thinking of a 4x scope mounted lever gun and the 92 does not make that option easy.

Jerry
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Riddle me this...

Post by Ranch Dog »

rfroy wrote:So my question is this: if Rossi were to make a 1894 clone in .357, 44, and .45 colt would you buy one? Or would you prefer they come out with these calibers in the Rio Grande line?
The pistol cartridges are more appropriate for the 94 action over the Rio Grande. Marlin tried the 44 Mag in the 336, I have one, and it takes a bit to get that short cartridge up through the long action. In answer to your question; even though I have Marlins in 357 Mag, 41 Mag, 44 Mag, and the 45 Colt, yes, I would be interested in them.
Michael