"Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: "Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Post by donhuff »

Yes, the dragon's tail is on my list. I have a couple of old buddies that I need to talk into going up there with me. I dont know if I could stay on the dang thing for that long though. It aint real comfortable, not like my dirt bikes were (KDX 200).

A car tire? now that would be nice. And much cheaper too, not $200 a piece like the ones I've been getting.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Man how did I miss this section? Oh I know, been working my %@*&$ off and not so much time for the forums.
Now you fine folks are sucking me into this! :D

I am going to have to get some pics of my rides and post them. This is a new computer so my pics are all on the old one(crashed hard drive)...and I am not a computer guy, I will have to see what I can dig up!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Hey, good times, fun rides, with good stories to tell at the end of it all. Heels in the breeze. The R.R.R.! +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well if the sun don't shine down on Sunday's I have worked part time at Advaned auto parts on and off 3 years to help out when they need it and boy if today wasn't a good day. I have been wanting but not really needed because always borrowed a cycle jack and I got a torin brand we carry for 11.56 cents OTD regular price 99.95 1500lbs capacity so I am pleased. +guns Funny how a little ol part time job I enjoy can pay off in other ways. I am gitty like santa came early. I need to make a set stand to prop it up on after she's lifted like the pepsi X stand. In time I will have all I need but now easy to remove my rims and tires. So soon once my rear tire is worn I can just pull it ands put a car tire on the rear.So how do you Rossi riders maintain and wrench you rides? +corn
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Good stuff AK, glad it will help you out!

I still have my M/C jack for quick maintenance but I really love my table lift for my bike for most things!
Make due with what you have, sure I don't have to have the lift but damn it helps, I am glad I got it when I could afford to so! If I wanted it now...I no longer have the income!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I currently have two jobs and am working an average of 85 to 90 hours a week a 7day week. I am getting a little tired of it. got to do it to get by for now I can only hope it gets better. I need more free time for my daughter and my bike, shooting, fishing, hiking, camping, reloading, wood working etc.etc.etc. :lol: one of these days. This ol intrenet helps keep me from goiing nuts.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

Shootn' & ridn' or Ridn' & shootn' - tough call.
2012 KTM 950 shoot-rowe mesa.jpg
Grays River, Wyoming 2011.jpg
Missed seein' this thread until now. I find it interesting that not only on this thread, but also on others, like ADVrider, there seems to be a widespread attraction to both firearms and motorcycles. I've been motoring since teen years, having started on a HD Sprint 250, then moving through a couple of sequential Sportster XLCH's. Career and kids parked bikes for a long decade, but got back on them in 1990. I ran a Yam. XS650 twin for almost 50 K miles, using it as both a road bike and to traverse several jeep roads in SW Colorado. In 1995 I rode a Honda Transalp to B.C., Yukon, NWT and AK, getting as far north as Inuvik, NWT. I traversed AK with that bike as well. It carried me to the Western Arctic twice, 1995 and 2002, 30,000 mi. of riding.
10Img07.jpg
In 2002, while out on an 8-week, 12K mile arctic odyssey, I and a riding buddy rode out on the old North Canol Road, through the MacKenzie Range, and onto the MacKenzie Barrens of the NWT. We were over 150 miles from nearest settlement before being turned back by deep running river. We camped in the bush and I packed an H&R .45-70 Handi-rifle, while my buddy had a 12 ga. pump w slugs, just in case of bear altercation. Found out that rifles/shotguns are not maneuverable in back pack tents. Good thing they were not ever needed.
DSCN0239.jpg
DSCN0246.jpg
4Img08.jpg
DSCN0245.jpg
That was a phenomenal riding experience, but since then I have moved more into dirt bikes and taking long distance Adv. rides in the southwest and rocky mountain states. I will follow up with some description and photos of those rides in another post.

Thanks for starting this thread !
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice I like those crossover bikes like this gives more ability to go where road bikes do not tread. Thanks for sharing. I rode a bmw of some model that was a crossover or whatever they are actaully called I liked it and it was comfy as well.
Last edited by akuser47 on 31 Dec 2013 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
hawk_56

Post by hawk_56 »

Hiya AK47!
I'm glad to have found this group! My wife and I ride as long as there's not a lot of snow on the roads! In fact, my bike is my preferred mode of travel. I'm hoping to find a decent set up for attaching a scabbard to my bike so I can go shooting via the bike. I would like to be a member of the RRR. This my 07 FLHRS (Road King Custom), all ready for 10 days of fun at the Rally.T
Take care,
Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well welcome all it takes is a bike and a rossi and your in. Open to any who wants to share. I had a 900 dener nylon homeade sling for my akm and had it on my bike and 9 30 round mags I guess people on I-75 thought I was a murdering gunman cause I ended up riding into a roadblock that had been set up by state an local sheriff departments for me lol I had everything by the book so nothing they could do. They kept saying why do you need that were not at war I said it's my right, and I said how do you know that I'm not. I also have my CCW as well.