"Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
hawk_56

Re: "Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Post by hawk_56 »

At the end of the day, that's the beauty of Harley's and motorcycles! Making your ride just that, your ride! Nice bike! I did something similar with my wife's Dyna Super Glide. Lowered it, put a solo seat on it, put risers and mini apes on it and some of the big bags so she can take her "stuff". Then HD comes out with the Street Bob that basically does the same thing stock. Man was she ticked off! She still loves it becasue it was hers, and her ride! Here's a pic as we were leaving for Sturgis and before I added chrome wheels.(she's kinda spendy!)
Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

silverback13 wrote:Ah!! you must be one of those purists.

First of all I didn't have a huge pot of money and the dyna was all I could afford at the time.

Next .... given the fact that the larger bikes have the same engine as the dyna ..... the dyna is more nimble and less sluggish.

Plus, i preferred the dyna frame to a soft tail and I am not a big fan of hanging chrome.
No far from a purist! Though I have been accused of "stirring the pot".....more than once! LOL That was all I was doing! :twisted:

On the flip side, since my first child was born back in 2010 my wife has not been riding as much with me(the main reason I bought an Electra glide), some times I wish I bought an FXR or Dyna now! :(

Oh and as for the $$ part I bought used...I do not have unlimited funds either!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Ah riding season is finally here again +guns
I ordered a skeeter beeter hammock and some other gear that will be in my riding gear from now on so next time I hit the road I can stay wherever I end up as long as I can tie up my hammock and rain fly if needed. I'm excited. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
CHX77

Post by CHX77 »

That skeeter beeter hammock looks interesting, and should pack smaller than most tents. We're a long way from motorcycle season here. There's still over two feet of snow on the ground. We have snowmobiles to help get us through the PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome).
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

CHX77 wrote:That skeeter beeter hammock looks interesting, and should pack smaller than most tents. We're a long way from motorcycle season here. There's still over two feet of snow on the ground. We have snowmobiles to help get us through the PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome).
:lol: I like that PMS :lol: I still need a good rainfly for it but a standard cheap tarp will work in a pinch. +corn
Well I may end up with long term PMS I have had to list my bike for sale and trade as current life events have given little choice. I'm still fighting to keep her she is paid off it is the fact I have nowhere to keep her anymore. so I will see what I can do I may not be an RRR unless I get it figured out. I hate curve balls of life. I guess I can use my mountain bike either way.
CHX77

Post by CHX77 »

akuser47 wrote: :lol: I like that PMS :lol: I still need a good rainfly for it but a standard cheap tarp will work in a pinch. +corn
Well I may end up with long term PMS I have had to list my bike for sale and trade as current life events have given little choice. I'm still fighting to keep her she is paid off it is the fact I have nowhere to keep her anymore. so I will see what I can do I may not be an RRR unless I get it figured out. I hate curve balls of life. I guess I can use my mountain bike either way.
"RRR" ? I'm not familiar with that one, other than read'n, rite'n, & rithmetic. Sorry about the curve ball. I've been thrown a couple in the past and the last thing I ever wanted to let go was a motorcycle. I always somehow managed to keep at least one through the lean times, but regret letting a Triumph Thunderbird go when the last curve ball hit me and I decided to go back to college at age 45. Best of luck to you.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Rossi Rifleman Riders RRR :D , I am trying to I have alot of money tied up in her I don't want to loose her just have to wait and see.
CHX77

Post by CHX77 »

akuser47 wrote:Rossi Rifleman Riders RRR :D
:oops: I guess I was a little slow when I replied. RRR should have been obvious!
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

I am very sorry to hear that Akuser47!
Do what you have to, to not let the bike go! Sell a child if you must but don't be without 2 wheels or firearms! :P

You do what you must to get by, wishing you the best of luck to be able to keep the MC!.....oh and the kid if you must!

Best wishes,
Fullthrottle
kaboom

Post by kaboom »

Gee, can I join the RRR? I just found this in the Rossi forum. Yup, I ride. Currently a 2012 Yammie V Star 950T. Let's see if I can figure out how to post a pic of my baby. .....

Yup, there she is. Just put 100 on this afternoon. Got her last Feb 8th (2013) and have a little over 7600 on her now, and she had 0.0 when I picked her up. I do enjoy riding. I am a member of CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Assn) and chaplain of our local chapter. My dad started me riding with him when I was 6, put an engine on my bicycle when I was 14, and built a street licensed motor scooter when 15. Been riding almost all my life, and I'm now almost 67. Enjoyed all the posts about your bikes. "Keep the shiny side up."
Black powder smoke is my aroma therapy.