"Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
hawk_56

Re: "Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Post by hawk_56 »

It's a Time Out camper. It's a bit bigger than the Leisure Lite in the sleeping and stand up living area. The Time Out's add a room is a lot bigger. I choose the Time Out as it a lot higher off the ground. Sturgis can get really rainy and muddy and this makes things much safer!! Leisure Lite's a top notch, though, just not the best for me a this time. They set up faster, for sure. Just not big enough.
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Thanks for the information. I will pass that along to my friend so he can make a comparison between the two.

He has a place to stay during Sturgis with home cooked meals and such. He really wants one for his trip to Alaska and beyond though.

He has been in 38 states on two wheels and is just thinking of his soon retirement and traveling much more.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

That is a sweet setup how does it handle strong winds if you have encountered bad weather to give review?
I had been looking into these as well. I have business that sometimes takes me west and would love to be able to ride and stay with my two wheels through the trips all the way to Nevada.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
hawk_56

Post by hawk_56 »

I've pulled it in all kinds of typical Rocky Mountain summer weather: beautiful, windy, thunderstorms with high winds, crosswinds, rain, and the whole bit. Set up like in the picture with the generator and air conditioner (not to mention the kitchen sink!) for 10 days of Sturgis, really high winds cause a little bit of action. For normal camping, where I only take the generator, I really don't notice much of anything. The biggest difference is a head wind and how much it sucks the fuel! I usually get 42 mpg with my 103 ci engine. Towing the trailer lowers that to between 32 to 25. On mountain roads, it tows great. Handles the turns as if it wasn't there. In fact, there are two times I really need to remind myself to use care. One is pulling away from a dead stop and making a turn. The other is when stopping and to begin the deceleration a lot sooner than normal. The dead stop turn has an initial resistance due to the inside trailer wheel acting as a bit of a block and wanting to pull the bike a bit to the side. The stopping is due to the increased weight that the bike brakes now have to stop. I don't have electric brakes on mine, but would probably get them if I ever had it to do over again. That being said, it's not at all bad, and I have no plans to add them on this one. It's a great way to tour on 2 wheels! Off the ground, protected from the elements and a bit of privacy. If your friend is traveling alone, I would look hard at the Leisure-Lite as it is really simple for one to set up and take down. Not that the Time Out is hard, I can set up the main camper in less than 5 minutes. I prefer the TO as it is bigger, so my wife and I have plenty of elbow room. (and she has plenty of room for her "stuff"!) I hope this helps. Oh, another great source that your buddy will need is the hitch and wiring harness! I use MC Hitch as they are made in Iowa and beautifully designed! www.mchitch.com They have all the electrics and have great customer support!
Hawk
silverback13

Post by silverback13 »

pricedo wrote:I've owned a few heavy hawgs in the day but have settled into a Honda "Shadow" 750
I have been considering the Honda shadow phantom as of late. I am just having a hard time letting my dyna go. Then I still have an 80's bmw rt100 power train I would like to build if I ever get the money and time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finally Ranch Dog Big Fat Bullet Group Buy!
http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2633
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

nice bike
silverback13

Post by silverback13 »

thanks it started life as a 2003 dyna. I put a low ride tank---heritage front and rear fenders---springer front end---- road king mags-- different bars--- air shocks --- Andrews T37 gear drive cam etc.

I call it my springdyna
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Why in Christ teeth would you do that to a Dyna? Just buy an FL! LOL

To each their own. As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters.
silverback13

Post by silverback13 »

Ah!! you must be one of those purists.

First of all I didn't have a huge pot of money and the dyna was all I could afford at the time.

Next .... given the fact that the larger bikes have the same engine as the dyna ..... the dyna is more nimble and less sluggish.

Plus, i preferred the dyna frame to a soft tail and I am not a big fan of hanging chrome.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

we do with what we can and I like what you did. best danya i've seen except my uncles who racked his out with a springer lowrider sweet ride no pics though.