Greatest Cowboy Movie Ever Made

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
remus

Re: Greatest Cowboy Movie Ever Made

Post by remus »

Seems that most here like the same kind of cowboy flick. I guess I think out of the box but lately when I hear cowboy movie for some reason Blazing Saddles jumps right out at me.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I see that this is another thread that I'll have to read start to finish. One that I didn't find in a search is, "They Died with Their Boots On." An Uncle's favorite, and worthy of watching. Makes the short list for the title and Errol Flynn.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Don't know if it's considered one of the greatest, but accidentally caught "The Magnificent Seven" the other day, great cast , good flick.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:Don't know if it's considered one of the greatest, but accidentally caught "The Magnificent Seven" the other day, great cast , good flick.
Not bad.
I tended to prefer the original version 'Seven Samurai' even if I did have to get the subtitled version.

Of course 'Seven Samurai' wasn't really a western even if 'The Magnificent Seven' did rip it off wholesale.
singleshotcajun

Post by singleshotcajun »

Love Seven Samaria, I view it as a Western. There is a direct link in that Toshiro Mifune originated the roving warrior type character and His "Ronin with no name" which He played many times was the inspiration for Clint Eastwood's "Man with no name".
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
NRA Lifer, TSRA, PSC Shooting Club
SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28