Creativity....

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Creativity....

Post by kliff »

How many of you have found through your firearms, other creativities.... Handgunning led to longunning, lead to building AR15's , lead to my original love of Cowboy firearms, lead to reloading, and now to wordworking....but all with a FA basis...LOL
My new rack for storing LEE Turrets. :mrgreen:
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
rfroy

Re: Creativity....

Post by rfroy »

Neat idea. I'm still using a single stage but I'm thinking of getting a Lee progressive and would be interested in doing something similar. What did you use for cutting the holes?

Jerry

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very Kliff!

In response to your question, my mold business is a direct result of my interest. That has led me to a very through understanding of online languages that manipulate my store and this forum. For me this is all tied together.
Michael
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

rfroy wrote:Neat idea. I'm still using a single stage but I'm thinking of getting a Lee progressive and would be interested in doing something similar. What did you use for cutting the holes?

Jerry

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
3" hole saw Jerry :)
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

Ranch Dog wrote:Very Kliff!

In response to your question, my mold business is a direct result of my interest. That has led me to a very through understanding of online languages that manipulate my store and this forum. For me this is all tied together.
I hear ya Michael, and there is no telling how far it will go!
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

That is my plan very soon a lee turret. To speed up some plinkin round loadings 9mm, .45acp, .357mag. I still enjoy takin my time as of the moment with my breechlock press.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

I understand one thing leading to another. I shoot IDPA and a little 3-gun. I like shooting 3-gun to play with different rifles to see how they handle in situations other than what I get at the range. I'm also a Garand nut. Therefore, while most shoot a gee-whiz AR, I usually shoot a Garand. I've also used an M-1 Carbine, Steyr Scout, and once- my M1941 Johnson.

There is no good way to carry Garand clips that's convenient and fast access. There are a few people out there who shoot something out of the ordinary like a Garand, and all have the same problem: you can find nifty carriers for AR mags, but not for less common stuff. This led to me to making my own from Kydex, then I went ahead and started a Kydex gear business last fall. There are 900 million people making Kydex gear, but few making custom gear for oddball guns. I make M1903 stripper clip carriers, a carrier for SKS clips, pouches for detachable box magazine bolt actions, 10-22 mag carriers, etc.
Business is slow but steady, and you know what? That's just about right!

I'm a leather holster junkie. I get more excited over a new holster than a new gun. And now I'm making Kydex gear, of all things. I love leather, but for some uses, Kydex is the better material.
Now the garage is has Kydex sheets of all colors (including pink) stacked all over, scraps on the floor, dust in the air... Maybe I'll get that new barn I've been wanting yet!
Pepe Ray
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Pepe Ray »

Hi Barry;
Do you have design for .45ACP moon clips?
Pepe Ray
Salvation is ONLY through JESUS.
Freedom is ONLY through ETERNAL VIGILANCE and SACRIFICE.
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

I do not. Not yet anyway. I make things as people ask for them (or as I need something) and nobody has asked for that yet. I don't own anything that uses moon clips right now either. I have thought about it, and would like to make something for them just to see what results from it. Maybe I'll buy some moon clips and play around.

I do have an idea for a speed strip carrier. Just a small sleeve-like deal to hold the strip when carried in the pocket, because mine always get dirty with lint and sweat-soaked.
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

I like those M-1 clip holders, howse about shooting me your email, or catalog for shopping.