Forum to be Supported Through User Donations

Please start here!
GasGuzzler

Re: Forum to be Supported Through User Donations

Post by GasGuzzler »

TinMan wrote: And I will go over and check out the Lee forum as well, thanks.
You and I joined the same day. +guns
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
alphalimafoxtrot

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Well I just had to make my donation too - since I don't want to see the site disappear, and also prefer less advertisements~ :roll:

And just like several of you guys, I will be joining up at the Lee Loader forum too. When my wife and I move (won't be soon enough!) I will finally be able to build a loading bench to "roll my own".

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

alphalimafoxtrot wrote:Well I just had to make my donation too - since I don't want to see the site disappear, and also prefer less advertisements~ :roll:

And just like several of you guys, I will be joining up at the Lee Loader forum too. When my wife and I move (won't be soon enough!) I will finally be able to build a loading bench to "roll my own".

Adam
Thank you for your support and comments Adam!
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Last time north we lived in a very limited space house kindly donated by a fine family. There was no place to plop a press. My solution was to build a 18 inch deep x 36 inch long bench all screwed together so it could be removed and stored. Went out on an enclosed back porch in the only open space.. that is why the dimensions. Built with old barn wood and topped with 3/4 sheeting. Weighs over 100 pounds assembled. Added two shelves where boxes of brass are stored. Must have weighed near 300 pounds loaded down. Ended up very stable. Had room to keep the Rock Chucker on permanent and lots of drilled holes for what ever else needed bolted on to use.
I am thinking if I ever need to use it again to make something like Pat's Rock Dock. That would save lots of time changing tools.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
cdmajesty

Post by cdmajesty »

Missionary wrote:Good morning
Last time north we lived in a very limited space house kindly donated by a fine family. There was no place to plop a press. My solution was to build a 18 inch deep x 36 inch long bench all screwed together so it could be removed and stored. Went out on an enclosed back porch in the only open space.. that is why the dimensions. Built with old barn wood and topped with 3/4 sheeting. Weighs over 100 pounds assembled. Added two shelves where boxes of brass are stored. Must have weighed near 300 pounds loaded down. Ended up very stable. Had room to keep the Rock Chucker on permanent and lots of drilled holes for what ever else needed bolted on to use.
I am thinking if I ever need to use it again to make something like Pat's Rock Dock. That would save lots of time changing tools.
Mike in Peru
I'll second this idea, as I also have had to live and load in very small confined areas. I currently have a small portable bench that is approx. 18"x30" that is easily moved around. One end gets the lubrisizer and the other end gets the press, with room in between for "stuff". lol!
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Bump....... to (hopefully) keep folks thinking about getting this account topped off so RD can do less administrating and more load development....... +1
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks, I've been wanting to mention the need but honestly the Polish and Russian spammers are keeping me very busy behind the scenes and consuming all of my forum time. I'm managing to keep the blocked at the registration end of things but I it still takes quite a bit of time to ensure the innocent registrations are dumped.

If we didn't have a couple of legitimate users in both countries, I would just block the IPs for those entire countries. That would make my task a whole lot easier.
Michael
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

I woulda thought that with over 2000 members on this forum and 500+ on the Lee Loader forum, we woulda had this thing topped off in the first 2 or 3 weeks. Sorry your having to deal with the bottom feeding spammers.......ain't there some kinda nukem program which would melt the spammers computers when they come visiting......or at least give em really bad case of jock itch? :idea:
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

TinMan wrote:I woulda thought that with over 2000 members on this forum and 500+ on the Lee Loader forum, we woulda had this thing topped off in the first 2 or 3 weeks.
I'd of hoped but yet I don't want to harp about it, yet.
TinMan wrote:Sorry your having to deal with the bottom feeding spammers.......ain't there some kinda nukem program which would melt the spammers computers when they come visiting......or at least give em really bad case of jock itch? :idea:
No nuke, just make it not worth the trouble of registering.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thought I would provide a mini "State of the Union".

The donations continue to come it, not at the rate that the initial call brought, but they still continue. With the donations that we have received, we are funded through the end of summer. In that many households are working with Federal and possibly State taxes right now and given what I have related above, there just is no need to put any additional financial pressure on our members. Come May, I will start beating the drum again and if we get within 90 days of running out of funds, I will be pressing harder.

All this said, if you would like to donate to the forum, I durn sure will accept it at any time.

I've been very successful at beating back the flood of spammers, I don't think any have gotten through since the registration changed. That change means a bit of a delay for legitimate potential members as I verify every registration. We probably receive 10 spammer registrations for every legitimate registration which is down significantly from what it was.
Michael