Brand New Rossi 92 .357 Magnum - Can't Chamber a round...

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Brand New Rossi 92 .357 Magnum - Can't Chamber a round..

Post by Arktikos »

RayMich wrote:
Tazman1602 wrote:....to the OP did you ever get your rifle to feed properly?

Art
In answer to your question, NO.

Neither could the gunsmith at my FFL nor the gunsmith at Davidson's. Davidson's said the gun was too FUBAR to try to fix it. They offered a replacement or my money back. Last Friday I informed my FFL that I want my money back.

Those who are OK with buying a new gun that doesn't work right out of the box are encouraging manufacturers to continue to make crap. -- I suppose they are the type who would be OK buying a new electric drill at Sears and when they first go to use it and it doesn't work, they simply take it home to their shop and tear it down to troubleshoot it and try to fix it. -- Well, not me. I don't have a problem on working on a gun or any tool for that matter, to improve it and make it run more to my liking, but if it does NOT work at all right out of the box, it goes back, plain and simple. I expect anything that I buy to work as advertised when new.

There is nothing wrong with sending back any product that doesn't work, and I am sure you will get your money back just like for anything else and I am sorry it didn't work out for you.. I however do take exception to your statement that we who are OK with Rossi's quality are just encouraging them to make "crap". First your analogy of a Sears drill is backwards. The Sears tool IS crap, even tho chances are 100% it will work right out of the box the real issue that people fail to understand is that it wont work about the time the very limited warrentee is over and it will soon be taking up space in the local landfill. The Rossi on the other hand is what I consider a 90% gun, that being I may or may not have to tinker with it, however I do know that going in. The Rossi will never be thrown in the landfill like the Sears drill because it has great potential to be a fine rifle with maybe just a bit of work whereas the drill (which worked out of the box) was really not worth the box is was shipped in. When I say Rossi is a 90% gun that means to me it is almost right, may just need cleaning and polishing, or maybe some adjustment to the action. Mine needed some forearm relief by enlarging the screw holes in the wood a little and a general cleaning and deburr of the action. Some are obviously less than 90%, rarely some cannot be fixed, and some are perfect right from the start. Another thing to realize is these 92's are a very old design that does NOT lend itself to modern automation very well and that means considerable hands on skilled labor intensive work, and that means, unless we expect others to work for extremely low pay, money out of our wallets. There are alternatives to Rossi 92's from Italy which are probably 98% guns but I cannot afford one, (they are about DOUBLE the cost) even if they did make one in the caliber I wanted. That last 10% cost a lot! Rossi is about it for my chances for a good strong affordable 1892. .
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brand New Rossi 92 .357 Magnum - Can't Chamber a round..

Post by Ranch Dog »

RayMich wrote:Neither could the gunsmith at my FFL nor the gunsmith at Davidson's. Davidson's said the gun was too FUBAR to try to fix it. They offered a replacement or my money back. Last Friday I informed my FFL that I want my money back.
Okay, enough batting this back and forth as I don't think anybody is going to change another's opinin. RayMich has resolved the issue with a refund pending so this thread is closed. Feel free to post a new topic if there is issue with that refund as it would involve an issue with the distributor, not Rossi. This topic has been closed and moved to the
Michael