Davidson's Gallery of Guns A+++

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Davidson's Gallery of Guns A+++

Post by Ranch Dog »

I wanted to post a "tip of the hat" to Davidson's Gallery of Guns Customer Service in relation to the recent purchase of my Rossi R92-56002, the scout rifle. This 357 Mag version of the rifle has not been available but recently I received an "in stock" notification that Davidson's had stocked them. I made the purchase through Gallery of Guns using the new and only gun shop in town as they are a GG retailer.

The rifle arrived and I went to the shop to pick it up on Friday right before closing on the day before deer season. They were busy with customers picking last minute items, something that I was glad to see as it has been a slow start for them. I did a quick inspection of the rifle, the function was perfect. The wood finish and fit was simple put, outstanding. The one problem with the rifle was it did not have the synthetic cheek comb. Given my timing in the shop and the retailers lack of familiarity with the Rossi configurations, I thought it would not be possible to explain this. I took the rifle home because I had family and friends showing up for the hunting opener.

I sent an email to the Gallery of Guns but did not expect a reply over the weekend. Actually, based on my experience with other distributors, I did not expect a timely reply of any sort. In the meantime, between hunting, I checked the rifle further without firing it and it is perfect. My large TLC359-175-RF seated in the 38 Spl brass just rips right through the rifle. The same for my TLC359-175-RF in 357 Mag brass, both at an overall length of 1.59". The trigger is about as good as it can get, something that I cannot say for my Skinner peep sighted 56001 rifle. That trigger is going to need some work on a winter day that I have nothing to do.

Still I wanted the rifle to be like my 44 Mag and 45 Colt scouts but I hated my new shop to loose the sale.

Bright and early Monday morning I received an email from the Gallery of Guns concerning the issue. The notified me that they would check the other rifles to see how they where configured. Right behind that was another email apologizing for the inaccurate description of the rifle but it seems that Rossi had changed things up. They asked me to take the rifle to the shop for a return and complete refund. Simple as that.

I pondered that for the day and as my dad and I where loading up, called the person who emailed me directly. Expecting voice mail I actually reached the individual who was immediately aware of the issue. I told her I appreciated everything but I had decided to keep the rifle. I know it is not what I expected and there was a premium paid for the configuration but I'm good. I hate to return a rifle that looks and functions so well and I would hate my new gun store to loose the sale. This might sound stupid but I don't want to create a negative Rossi experience either, the new shop owner is not familiar with the firearm, as I want to see them stocked in the store. The little dog, the 357 Mag, can join my big dog, the 480 Ruger, as plain stocked scout rifles.

I was really expecting a hassle from the distributor, just trying to describe the issue alone. Gallery of Guns made it very simple; If I'm not happy, drop it off for a full refund. That level of service put the full decision in my hands and let me evaluate my satisfaction with the rifle knowing that I could return it. I like that!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Davidson's Gallery of Guns A+++

Post by akuser47 »

Good to hear. Nice to know of good C.S. from these companies we should start a trusted vender list someday with our own experiences to back up the C.S. of companies.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!