Single Shot Stock Bolt Info - Rossi's Response!

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
sherman

Single Shot Stock Bolt Info - Rossi's Response!

Post by sherman »

I called Rossi CS and asked the question about what size bolt holds the stock on a single shot rifle after being on hold for a few. They came back and told me that information was classified.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Single Shot Stock Bolt Info - Rossi's Response!

Post by Ranch Dog »

sherman wrote:I called Rossi CS and asked the question about what size bolt holds the stock on a single shot rifle after being on hold for a few. They came back and told me that information was classified
Surprised you just haven't checked for yourself. 1/2" thin walled socket. Took less than a minute to figure out.

Not worth the aggravation of calling CS. I'm gon'na bookmark this topic so that I can refer to it when someone questions me as to why I would never buy another Rossi.[hr]
I took the liberty of retitling this topic so that it would be a bit more descriptive.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

sherman wrote:I called Rossi CS and asked the question about what size bolt holds the stock on a single shot rifle after being on hold for a few. They came back and told me that information was classified.
Did you ask them if the info was on one Hillary's servers :D . That is just so much BS, they should have admitted they didn't know and sent to the actual service department if it exists.

Got to agree with Michael needs to be preserved as an example of why to avoid Braztech. I sometimes wonder if Rossi knows what goes on with their US importer and what a bad rap they are giving the product in the eyes of American shooters, or maybe it's just endemic in the company as a whole.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
sherman

Post by sherman »

I will NEVER buy another ROSSI I just put on a ATI stock. It was like putting lipstick on a PIG
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote: I sometimes wonder if Rossi knows what goes on with their US importer and what a bad rap they are giving the product in the eyes of American shooters, or maybe it's just endemic in the company as a whole.
I've been on a job in Brazil, I think it is one of those places that you don't tell the emperor he has no clothes.
I don't think they care; US or Brazil.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

We used to think it was just the manufacturer that was screwed up and the importer was at least trying.
Then they sacked the guy that appeared to be working customer relations the most here in the states.

I'd like to say the quality of the product has been improving. With respect to the 92s MAYBE that's so or MAYBE they injected some one time improvements I'm not sure.

With respect to most of the rest of the Rossi/Taurus line however they've managed to torque a lot of folks off with their 'lifetime' warranty of discontinued models where they offer a much lesser priced item in replacement OR in the case of CA owners with handgun problems BECAUSE the item is no longer on the CA-DOJ list refuse to fix it and/or offer to replace a nice gun with a mini-imitation Glock.

I know 2-3 folks who've gotten back models that were not close to what they had. I know one who asked me what to do and I said 'Get what you can and then sell it if you can and use the money toward any other brand but Braztech.

I like the 92s. I want another one but I'm not wild about Rossi's customer service as reported here.
(I'm not exactly wild about the number of Remington models that have failed to pan out in the last couple decades either but for the most part Remington does tend to try and help you out.)
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

They've never cared about mine, mine are all pre-Taurus.

They told me so.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.