44 mag sent off for a fixin

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 44 mag sent off for a fixin

Post by akuser47 »

Well keep us updated and I'm sorry it didn't go well.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Wyowind

Post by Wyowind »

Archer, I'll see if I can figure out the picture posting idea. Probably be a day or two though. I think the weather might be improving here in the next couple days so I should be able to make it to the range.

Thanks to all for the support.
Wyowind

Post by Wyowind »

This is probably the wrong place to ask this so, I beg forgiveness. It seems there is an official way to thank people. I see there is a place that shows how many times someone has "thanked" other users. I'm not sure how to do that.
If anyone can enlighten me. - - thanks ! :D
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Wyowind wrote:This is probably the wrong place to ask this so, I beg forgiveness. It seems there is an official way to thank people. I see there is a place that shows how many times someone has "thanked" other users. I'm not sure how to do that.
If anyone can enlighten me. - - thanks ! :D
Just hit that "thumbs up" icon in their post.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I just did it on my fowng for the above advice. Tapatalk works differently but same principle.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

thanks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Wyowind

Post by Wyowind »

Made it to the range today for a better diagnostic of Rossi's attempted repair on my 44 mag rifle. In keeping with my original grading standards, here's the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey would have said.

1) Initial contact with Rossi- (B)
2) Shipping time to Rossi and them contacting me back - (B)
3) Turn around time for repair work - (A) they told me it would be 6 weeks and it ended-up 18 days or something like that.
4) Shipping back to me, without any damage or problems: (A)
5) The repair itself - (D)
6) Cosmetic Appearance after the repair - (D) The 2 marks they left weren't horrible and wouldn't keep me from buying the gun as is but, they shouldn't be leaving any blemishes at all.
7) Extra Credit, going above and beyond - N O T T A ! ! ! not even close to anything extra other than the blemishes as descibed above. I would have been happy with a normal repair but wanted to leave room to brag on them if they would have done a good job.

In summary, they did great with shipping and handling
but any real service part of their customer service
is pathetic !

I believe they changed the dynamic of my chambering problem and made it easier for me to fix in the long run. They adjusted the cartridge guides but didn't quite hit a home run with them. I think my cartridges are still hanging up on the guides but not stuck underneath the guide completely. In fact, they almost make it up into the chamber but are getting stuck on the cartridge rim about half-way up the guide. If I back off the bolt when cycling the lever and just nudge the back of the cartridge with my finger, it usually slides on into the chamber.

I have some pics but not sure how to post. It almost sounds like I need an online picture host. Is there anyway to post pics directly from a saved file on my own computer ?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Michael
Wyowind

Post by Wyowind »

Okay, my 3rd attempt at posting pics. Not sure if the other 2 will show up or they just vanished. For some reason I keep getting cancelled out of the forum after posting or attempting to post a pic. I also seem to only be able to post 1 pic per post. Probably just a rookie user problem.

First pic is of the cartridge jamming on the cartridge guides.
red highlight.jpg

Next pic is the ramp or just a bad job of grinding away excess metal on the bottom of the barrel. I can't see what purpose it serves. This is the metal piece that they reduced to about 1/3 of its original size after sending back to the factory for repairs. I don't think its causing any hang-ups at this point.
IMG_9192.JPG

This is how close the whole thing is to being a reliable lever action. The shell will nearly clear everything but she's really hung solid at this point. It feels like I'm going to tear something apart or possibly set off the primer if I force the issue any further.
IMG_9204.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wyowind

Post by Wyowind »

There must be a limit to the pics I can post. Will try a couple more views if possible.

Not allowed.