R92 Broken Ejector ~ Trials of a Rossi Replacement

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
3sharps

R92 Broken Ejector ~ Trials of a Rossi Replacement

Post by 3sharps »

While at the range today, my ejector broke. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Now I need to find a new one. :shock:
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 24 Dec 2016 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Retitled this topic to match the journey it has taken.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: R92 Broken Ejector ~ Trials of a Rossi Replacement

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

3sharps wrote:While at the range today, my ejector broke. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Now I need to find a new one. :shock:
It has, you will find it in here what others have done. If I recall, I think? Steve Gunz sells replacements but you should look at all your options first.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
3sharps

Post by 3sharps »

OMG! I just got off the phone with the Rossi repair department. They quoted a price of $160.00 for the new part plus $50.00 labor plus shipping!! The girl claims that the ejector is part of the bolt and that the entire unit has to be replaced. Crap! That is 1/2 the price of a new rifle! Is there any place else where I could get my gun repaired?
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

call steve at steves guns if he doesn't have one he might know were to get one keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Steve wants $50 plus high shipping for the single part, add a bunch more cash and time and he will fit it to your bolt.

Too bad Numrich doesn't support the R92. They have used and new small parts for everything else (except for the Hawthorne 12 ga bolt trigger guard I've been looking for going on four years).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

GasGuzzler wrote:Steve wants $50 plus high shipping for the single part, add a bunch more cash and time and he will fit it to your bolt.

Too bad Numrich doesn't support the R92. They have used and new small parts for everything else (except for the Hawthorne 12 ga bolt trigger guard I've been looking for going on four years).
+of Gas, saw you mentioned Numrich, I just recently discovered it looking for parts for a 47 yr old gun, I was impressed, ok, back to your regularly scheduled program.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
3sharps

Post by 3sharps »

Has anyone fitted a replacement ejector to their rifle? If so, how difficult is it? How often do they break?
lever357

Post by lever357 »

@3sharps - if you decide to send it into Rossi, keep the spring and more importantly the ejector collar. I hear many have lost the ejector collar so, you may as well have a spare! Steve Gunz sells one for $8.95.

I've never fitted a new ejector, but I did do a little modification for the ejection direction that involved filing down the rear of the groove opening.

Where did the ejector break? Wondering where the "weak" point is.
3sharps

Post by 3sharps »

I haven't taken the gun apart yet. A small piece of the collar? fell out. The front part of the ejector seems to be missing. I did recover the spring though. I am still able to fire the gun I just have to take my finger and remove the spent casing manually. I want to keep shooting until the weather gets to cold.
xdsd

Post by xdsd »

3sharps wrote:Has anyone fitted a replacement ejector to their rifle? If so, how difficult is it? How often do they break?
I had a broken ejector and bought a replacement from Steve's. It has a lot of extra metal on it and takes some time to trim it down. I spent most of a weekend off & on sanding and filing until it fit. Over 1200 rounds through the gun since then and no problems.