RG4570 Magazine Tube Issues

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
tonytable

RG4570 Magazine Tube Issues

Post by tonytable »

Thank you all for all of this information. I wish I had joined this forum before sending the magazine tube off. In the chance that any future tubes have issues, now I have a great way to fix them.

I have read through several discussions thusfar, and I'm more anxious than ever to start shooting my levered lady.

I will post any of the fixes that I need to apply during break in, as well as successes and failures (hopefully not serious failures) of different attempted lever friendly loads.

Take care all
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 01 Jul 2015 06:27, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Customer Service subject split from Member Introductions.
"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit." -Alcuin, 798
tonytable

Re: New from GA, New to Rossi

Post by tonytable »

Well, got back from a hunting trip today to find the new magazine tube on my doorstep. On the positive side, receiving the part took all of a week from it arriving on their doorstep. On the negative side, they sent back a tube for a 30-30 for my 45-70.

Will call customer service tomorrow morning and let them know of the issue. They are pleasant to work with, so I don't foresee any issues at this time. I will keep you posted.

I'm still itching to shoot that 45-70, even got a scope set aside for it. Been tempted to try it as a single shot rifle until the magazine gets sorted out. Aside from POI shift when assembled, I'm also hesitant to make a light 45-70 even lighter. Have a good one yall.
"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit." -Alcuin, 798
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's frustrating especially in light of needing to provide a serial number. I seem to have noticed a number of reports of missent parts as of late. It happened to me as well.
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

well ... on the plus side, they are actually sending parts :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
tonytable

Post by tonytable »

To keep the status of the repair up to date, the rifle has made its way to Taurus repair facility. Something came up between my FFL and Rossi, and the rifle was directed to Taurus. Has been there for a while. Waiting for some part or another. Wish I had a 92 to keep me entertained in the meantime. Hope all is well.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

tonytable wrote:To keep the status of the repair up to date, the rifle has made its way to Taurus repair facility. Something came up between my FFL and Rossi, and the rifle was directed to Taurus. Has been there for a while. Waiting for some part or another. Wish I had a 92 to keep me entertained in the meantime. Hope all is well.
I looked through this topic and saw were Rossi sent you parts for your rifle but no mention of sending it in. Was it the same problem or a new one?
Michael
tonytable

Post by tonytable »

Received the new tube in late November. Was a little too long so I shortened it with a file. While assembling, screwed in until I started to feel hand resistance. Gave it a turn expecting to get hand tightened, but it stopped short of going through the hole on the opposite side. Screw threads were impacting the top of the tube. Tried to back the screw out and it snapped. Didn't have means to get the piece out, took it to a gunsmith who said I should just sent it in, so it has been away since early February. The Taurus repair facility says their waiting for parts, one of which they said will be a new mag tube.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

tonytable wrote:Received the new tube in late November. Was a little too long so I shortened it with a file. While assembling, screwed in until I started to feel hand resistance. Gave it a turn expecting to get hand tightened, but it stopped short of going through the hole on the opposite side. Screw threads were impacting the top of the tube. Tried to back the screw out and it snapped. Didn't have means to get the piece out, took it to a gunsmith who said I should just sent it in, so it has been away since early February. The Taurus repair facility says their waiting for parts, one of which they said will be a new mag tube.
Thanks for the update. That is a heck of a wait, 4 months and counting.

I'm going to figure out how to split this topic between the "Introductions" to the "Customer Service Experiences".
tonytable wrote:To keep the status of the repair up to date, the rifle has made its way to Taurus repair facility. Something came up between my FFL and Rossi, and the rifle was directed to Taurus. Has been there for a while. Waiting for some part or another. Wish I had a 92 to keep me entertained in the meantime. Hope all is well.
I noticed your comments above. You might contact customer service and ask that your rifle and it's problems go before the supervisor review board for consideration of a R92 replacing it. The Rio Grande was dropped from the 2015 lineup and that seems to be the kiss of death concerning rapid fixes or replacements.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RG4570 Magazine Tube Issues

Post by Ranch Dog »

Okay, the split into a customer service topic went without issue. What was the problem with the original magazine tube?
Michael
tonytable

Re: RG4570 Magazine Tube Issues

Post by tonytable »

The fantastic customer service agent confirmed the RG4570 is an archived model, and the part did not come in the last shipment. I have requested a replacement with an R92 in 44Mag. I will keep you posted. Thank you for the recommendation.