I Give Up On Rossi

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
richard597

I Give Up On Rossi

Post by richard597 »

I purchased a Rossi '92 in 38/357 in mid January 2015. I was unable to load more than three rounds in the magazine. I returned the rifle to Rossi the following week.

I checked online for repair progress only to be informed each time that they were waiting on parts. This continued until early May 2015 when I finally agreed to a replacement at their suggestion.

I sent the requested FFL information four times in two days before they finally received it and was told that a replacement rifle would be sent immediately.

I called again on May 14, 2015 to see if the rifle had, in fact, shipped and was told that the replacement was released to FedEx at 3:00pm on May 13, 2015 but that no tracking number was available.

Today, May 19, 2015 I called and asked about the tracking number. To my surprise I was told that the replacement had not shipped and would not until at least the middle of June. Of course I had lots of questions, none of which were answered at all. I asked for a supervisor and, of course, that is not possible. The supervisor will have to call back because that is their policy.

That is it for me. No more Rossi or Taurus or whatever else they may make. I do understand that quality control is hit or miss with Rossi, but I expected customer service to be somewhat better. My mistake. I hope you have better luck with your next purchase from Rossi.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I Give Up On Rossi

Post by Ranch Dog »

richard597 wrote:That is it for me. No more Rossi or Taurus or whatever else they may make. I do understand that quality control is hit or miss with Rossi, but I expected customer service to be somewhat better. My mistake. I hope you have better luck with your next purchase from Rossi.
Quite understandable after the circus like performance.
Michael
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

richard597 wrote:That is it for me. No more Rossi or Taurus or whatever else they may make. I do understand that quality control is hit or miss with Rossi, but I expected customer service to be somewhat better. My mistake. I hope you have better luck with your next purchase from Rossi.
Richard,

Sorry you've had such a bad experience with Rossi Customer Service. At times I wonder if they shouldn't call it something else. Yet, once I get a rifle that is tuned, I love it and I can't seem to get it anywhere else at the price point. You may wish to purchase used someday when you can try before you buy. Nice little rifles when they work correctly.
Aim small, miss small.
richard597

Post by richard597 »

I really do not like to purchase used guns. Just my personal preference. If I have problems with the replacement, I will just take it to a gunsmith and get it fixed locally. I have been without the rifle for almost five months and will not sent another one back. I think once I get one and make sure it works correctly, I will have a gun that I will truly enjoy. I was just one of the unlucky ones that had a problem. Still looking forward to shooting this rifle.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I'm sorry to hear of this, maybe the brand name should change to roulette. Luck of the spin be the motto. I kid I enjoy the value and getting my hands dirty tuning them. I wish your experience would have turned better.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
richard597

Post by richard597 »

I appreciate the kind replies to my rant. I really do want a Rossi 92 and I intend to have one that works even if I have to pay a little more to get one tuned by a gunsmith. This ordeal will turn out just fine. I just do not know when.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I own three Rossi 92s and two of them were previously 'used' although neither was more than six months old and probably had fewer than six range trips between them.

I have loaded all of them with snap caps before taking them home without problems.
The NIB .357 has been flawless since day 1.
The Octagonal 92 .44 SS has been fine but I did buff the crescent buttplate toe a bit to remove the knife edge on it. I bought it after the first owner took it to the range 1 time and decided it wasn't the gun for him. I think IF I'd taken it to the range with him he might have changed his mind and kept it.

The remaining SS 20" RB .44 runs snap caps great. Is smooth in operation and was worth twice what I paid for it. The previous owner had used it a couple times but it looked pristine and he was selling it in order to get something for his daughter approximately less than six months after buying it. I need to get it to the range but I have no fear it will work fine with live ammo.

My gun collection is probably two thirds to three quarters used. A number of them I got at great prices and a lot of them were no longer in production by the time I bought them. So far I've probably had as many or more problems out of NIB guns than used ones. EVERYTHING has to be inspected before you accept it no matter when or where it came from.
richard597

Post by richard597 »

Finally got my replacement rifle yesterday, May 26. It seems to be in very good condition. It was a little difficult to load all 10 rounds of .38 at first, but loosened up a bit after 30 rounds. The .357 rounds were also a little difficult to load, but I was able to load 9 rounds. Accuracy is dead on. At this point I am very pleased with the replacement.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

richard597 wrote:Finally got my replacement rifle yesterday, May 26. It seems to be in very good condition. It was a little difficult to load all 10 rounds of .38 at first, but loosened up a bit after 30 rounds. The .357 rounds were also a little difficult to load, but I was able to load 9 rounds. Accuracy is dead on. At this point I am very pleased with the replacement.
I'm glad it made it back, not a bad turn around either.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Glad to hear they made it right.

I miss Winchester for several reasons. The current iteration IMO can't compare even though they are producing some very nice guns the fact that they run 2 to 5 times the price of the New Haven models is at best annoying and quite often put them out of reach of the average shooter. BUT I know of at least two cases where they really stepped up for buyers of their guns.