Things Have Changed For The Better In Miami!

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Maj Dad

Things Have Changed For The Better In Miami!

Post by Maj Dad »

Just got off the phone with Braztech Customer Service. I bought an R92 44 mag, 20" bbl, last December. After disassembling the receiver, changing the springs, deburring the action and slicking up anything that moved, I got it shooting like a champ. But the magazine plug screw looked like Mongo screwed it in with a cold chisel, so I called to inquire if I could get a replacement, even telling the guy I would be happy to pay for it if it were an issue. No dice - "it's part of an assembly and you have to send the rifle to Miami". Foaming at the mouth a little later, I no thanked him and rang off. But Ranchdog posted an update last month (big thanks for that, too! +guns ) that policy may have changed - so when I finally remembered to call and check today, I went through the whole thing with the very pleasant young lady, who said she would have to check to see if it could be shipped. After a couple of minutes she came back, took my name & address and said she would send it out today, gratis! Now that's a turnaround - makes me less leery of buying the 24" octagon .357 I'm ruminating over!

+1 Braztech
Maj, USAF, ret.
Member, SCV
Life Member VFW, DAV, TSRA and MOAA
Benefactor Member, NRA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Things Have Changed For The Better In Miami!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report with proof of the changes taking place!
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

if this becomes the trend, I will put the stainless 16 inch .357 back on the top of my list of must haves.

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Yup - I've been eyeing a 24" .44 Mag. I might have to think a little more serious about it now.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Maj Dad

Post by Maj Dad »

Saturday morning, FedEx delivered a package with the magazine plug screw, 4 days after I called. And it was gratis - things have definitely changed! I think we may owe Ranch Dog a big Texas-sized THANK YOU!! for his part in getting feedback to BrazTech as he outlined in another post, and to BrazTech for listening! I feel a whole lot better about working on mine (routine stuff, no garage gunsmithing) with fear of breaking a screw or the like and taking the rifle out of action. Thanks again, Michael, and keep up the good work! 8-)
+1
+guns
Maj, USAF, ret.
Member, SCV
Life Member VFW, DAV, TSRA and MOAA
Benefactor Member, NRA
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Well, I've got to give this a maybe right now, granted it's been my first experience with the folks in Miami in a long while (I wanted to get a part and a spring for my Taurus Firestar 9mm - no dice). Anyway back to the current saga. Two weeks ago yesterday I called Miami talk to one of the guys there and found that they had a 45-70 Wizard barrel in stock, placed the order and was assured that I would have said item in 7 to 10 days. Two weeks yesterday and so I called today and after 23.5 minutes on hold spoke with another guy who checked on my order and was told after several minutes on hold that it was scheduled to be shipped. When I asked, either today or Monday maybe was the reply. What happened with the 7 to 10 days I was told 2 weeks ago I asked. There's been and inventory going on an now that it's over shipments are going out. Okay, could you email me the tracking number when it;s shipped I asked hoping for some help. Couldn't possibly do that but if I were to call back later today or better on Monday I could probably get it then.

So not real happy but not throwing in the towel either. I will wait and see what i get told on Monday.
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Geeezzz
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Still a maybe. Last Friday I called Miami and was told that my barrel was scheduled to ship, which evidently doesn't mean it was pulled, boxed and addressed.

I just got off the phone with them again and it still hasn't shipped and Rubin could determine why so he resubmitted the order and said he would get back to me with the tracking number as soon as he has it.

I wait with baited breath wondering if I'll get 2 barrels :o or if it will ever arrive :(

On another note I was out looking for components today and visited a gun shop that I'd never been in and among other things they had a new Wizard in 45-70. When I remarked that it was too bad that they had discontinued the model the guy behind the counter said that they had reintroduced it as they had just picked up Rossi in late June and that was one of Wizards that they received. Waiting watching and wondering :lol:
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Well, according to Francesca at Braztech/whatever my barrel was delivered at 2:45 today. Guess I'll have to run home and check. I placed the order and they charge my card 4 weeks ago tomorrow - not exactly stellar service in my view, so maybe depending on what I find at home a C+.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!