The saga of my 454 R92

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
pnw

The saga of my 454 R92

Post by pnw »

The saga of my 454 R92 began in late October when I finally located and ordered a new R92. When it arrived I noticed the barrel was apparently twisted in the receiver because both the front and rear sights were canted to the left. Since my FFL was doing the transfer free-gratis I didn’t want to trouble him and contacted Taurus myself.

Here’s the timeline…

10-29 I picked up the rifle
11-4 Returned to Taurus
11-6 FedEx delivered to Taurus
11-12 Taurus “received” the shipment (don’t understand the 6 day gap)
11-22 Returned rifle to me (it just showed up with no notice, no change to the rifle)
11-23 Complaint letter to Taurus CEO
12-2 Received call from Taurus “Customer Advocate”
12-4 Reshipped to Taurus
12-6 FedEx delivered to Taurus
12-10 Taurus “received” shipment
12-13 Returned to me, still with the original problem, note said it “grouped within spec”
12-16 Reshipped to Taurus
12-18 FedEx delivered to Taurus
12-23 Taurus “received” the rifle…where it sat “in process” per their website
2-26 Complaint letter to Taurus CEO requesting replacement or refund
3-12 Received call from Taurus CS saying they could not repair the defect and would replace the rifle
3-26 Called Taurus and was told the replacement rifle was on backorder
5-15 Third letter to Taurus CEO requesting they air ship one from Brazil or redirect one from distributor stock.
5-20 Received call from my FFL saying they just received a new rifle from Taurus!
5-21 Picked up the replacement!

All of the shipping back and forth has been on Taurus dime & the CS people I spoke with were all polite, if ineffective. They do seem responsive to CEO letters, but never provide any notice when they ship.

Haven’t had it out yet, but the replacement does have a properly aligned barrel and looks good elsewhere. Hopefully, I can deal with any other issues so I won’t have to send it in again.

In one of my letters to the CEO I mentioned I was considering a Raging Bull as a companion to the R92. While waiting for the R92, the revolver purchase turned into a Ruger SRH in 454, plus a Ruger GP100 while I was at it. Both revolvers are flawless!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The saga of my 454 R92

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the lack of a "rant" in your opening, and first post. Well done on the facts and the timeline! How it shoots up to your expectations and hope you will continue to participate!
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: The saga of my 454 R92

Post by mr surveyor »

I like your choice of "companion revolvers". My .44 mag R92 was bought as a companion to my Ruger SRH. They really do make a nice pair. Hope your rifle works right now.

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!