Update: Warranty repair on my R92 in .454 Casull

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Xshot

Update: Warranty repair on my R92 in .454 Casull

Post by Xshot »

Some of you may remember that my brand new rifle had problems right out of the box. Rossi has been promising replacement parts for more than 6 months, but couldn't deliver. The head of the mag ring screw had broke in half. In addition, the forward portion of wood forearm (the section the barrel ring slips over) was machined unevenly - making it nearly paper thin on the right side.

I finally got fed up and insisted they either give me my money back or repair the to my satisfaction - I was tired of looking at it! They finally relented and sent me a FedeX shipping label. According to FedeX Rossi received the rifle on 4/23. Rossi notified me on 4/24 they received the rifle.

I checked their website Sunday night (4/27) and it showed the repair completed. This morning, Monday, their website shows the rifle has been shipped back to me, but it doesn't provide FedeX tracking info.

I'm hoping the rifle comes back properly and professionally repaired. I indicated, in my supplied notes, that they need not be concerned with matching the forearm wood to the butt stock, because I will stain it myself. I also requested they verify that the chamber and head space are within specification.

This has been a long drawn out fiasco, but I will be happy if Rossi makes things right with me. I'll report again once I receive the rifle.... fingers crossed.
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 28 Apr 2014 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the "Rossi Customer Service Experience" Forum
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Update: Warranty repair on my R92 in .454 Casull

Post by Ranch Dog »

Looking forward to the report.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I hope it works out for you keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Good luck, Xshot. I really hope they make it right for you.
Xshot

Post by Xshot »

Thanks guys... tomorrow is the big day. I should have it sometime in the afternoon. I'm apprehensive because of the 6 month run around and them claiming no replacement could be found.

If the repair is done properly and professionally I'll be very happy!
Xshot

Post by Xshot »

I got the rifle back minutes ago. They replaced the magazine ring, broken mag ring screw and forearm wood. The paper work they included doesn't indicate the checked chamber and head space for spec, but did state they fired 20 rounds of Winchester .45 Colt 250gr HP.

For the life of me I can't figure out how they couldn't send me the parts for more than six month, but could effect all the repairs in less than 3 days. FWIW - total turn around time was 12 days.

I'm happy my rifle is back and repaired. I will reserve final judgement until after I disassemble rifle for closer inspection, cleaning and action smoothing.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Xshot wrote:I got the rifle back minutes ago. They replaced the magazine ring, broken mag ring screw and forearm wood. The paper work they included doesn't indicate the checked chamber and head space for spec, but did state they fired 20 rounds of Winchester .45 Colt 250gr HP.

For the life of me I can't figure out how they couldn't send me the parts for more than six month, but could effect all the repairs in less than 3 days. FWIW - total turn around time was 12 days.

I'm happy my rifle is back and repaired. I will reserve final judgement until after I disassemble rifle for closer inspection, cleaning and action smoothing.

+corn
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I keep wondering if the parts issue has something to do with ITAR regs or something similar. I know they already have to bend and flex (all the gun imports do) to get most things here to the States.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Maximumbob54 wrote:I keep wondering if the parts issue has something to do with ITAR regs or something similar. I know they already have to bend and flex (all the gun imports do) to get most things here to the States.
Maybe, but I think the policy has been in place longer than ITAR has been a problem for most small arms.
I've heard that the magazine problems are mostly ATF imposing random regulation vs. Rossi and generally don't apply to European manufacturers with the same sort of limitations.