My Rio Grande 410 Saga

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Rio Grande

My Rio Grande 410 Saga

Post by Rio Grande »

Having 2 of the Rossi 92's (357 & 45 Colt) I discovered a SS RG410 in my LGS that I purchased on impulse - he offered me a really good deal :).

From the first round I had loading problems. When the lever is down the first shell comes in on top of the carrier as normal, and the second shell slips past the carrier nose and gets trapped between the top of the carrier and the magazine opening in the frame, jamming the lever in the down position. I either had to physically push that next round back into the mag or remove the mag cap and dump the rounds to raise the lever. At that point I discovered the mag follower was hanging up in the tube right where the forearm tip screw went across.

Needless to say, I Was Not Happy!

Called CS at Braztech. Probably took a total of 15 minutes or less (including the slight time on hold) to get a pre-paid FedEx label to ship the gun back to Rossi.

Two days later Rossi had the gun and I received an email that the repair time was estimated to be 2 to 3 weeks ( told the same on the initial phone call to CS).

Surprise! Three working days later I was informed that my RG410 had been repaired and was on its way back. Just a little over one week door to door.

They "Adjusted the lever, adjusted the Mag tube and adjusted the Extractor". Took it out to the back yard and fired off 10 rds without a hitch. Very Happy!

Next day went to the range and shot Estate, Winchester & Remington 410 2.5" shells and it was 100%.

I have to admit, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quick turn around and the repair by Rossi. I have read a fair amount of criticism on the CS offered by Rossi (Braztech), but my experience was completely positive. Wish the gun was 100% out of the box, but I had a $1000 Springfield pistol that had to go back the first week I owned it, so problems do happen even to the high dollar guns.

This 'problem' is exactly the same problem the Marlin 336's had (which it appears the Rio Grande is patterned after). Called the "Marlin Jam" or "Letting in Two" by Marlin. A good description and Fix is in this link http://marauder.homestead.com/files/marlin94fix.html
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 28 Apr 2014 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved to "Rossi Customer Service Experiences" forum
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" - Lucky Ned Pepper
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Rio Grande 410 Saga

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rio Grande wrote:I have to admit, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quick turn around and the repair by Rossi. I have read a fair amount of criticism on the CS offered by Rossi (Braztech), but my experience was completely positive.
Thanks for the report Rio and I'm glad that your Rio Grande was back in hand so quickly. I think our pages reflect, through reports such as this, that RossiUSA does a very good job at warranty repairs. The greatest criticism I see experienced is their inability, for whatever reason, to provide small parts to owners.
Michael
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

nice to see another 410 owner. glad they fixed it for you. i love mine....wouldn't trade it for anything!
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

mine likes Winchester and Remington's too.....cycle like butter