Barrel play and a missing part

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Mike.44

Re: Barrel play and a missing part

Post by Mike.44 »

Since you just bought the rifle there should be something like a 3 day inspection period unless the auction stated specifically that it was an "as is " purchase. I would return it to the previous owner and get a new Rossi.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Mike.44 wrote:Since you just bought the rifle there should be something like a 3 day inspection period unless the auction stated specifically that it was an "as is " purchase. I would return it to the previous owner and get a new Rossi.
You hit on a good point Mike. It seems hard to believe that the seller would have not noticed the issue.
Michael
adger

Post by adger »

Well, I finally have an update for you all on this. Super brief recap - bought a used R92, noticed too late that the barrel was loose. My gunsmith's assessment of it matched what many of you said - that the barrel would have to be turned. He suggested that I actually send it in to Rossi, in hopes that they'd still warranty it. They did, and I got my rifle back yesterday with a brand new barrel. They fired 30 rounds through it as a test. Also, many of you strongly cautioned me against shooting it in the meantime, which I'd like to thank you for. Now that I'm seeing the rifle as it should be, I realize that the action had some over-travel previously, because of the offset chamber face. The lever itself could be brought into contact with the stock. I have no doubt this would have placed serious, unpredictable loads on the bolt and lugs, and could certainly have been disastrous. So thanks for that. I'll post some glory pics after this weekend's shoot. Thanks everyone!!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Glad to hear defn get us some pics. I am pleased it worked out for you. Keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Glad to hear that you received the rifle back and that Rossi took care of it. They seem to being doing a very good job with returns, now if they would just get it together with spare parts for those that want to avoid the expense or returning a rifle for repair.
Michael
AJMD429

Post by AJMD429 »

Sarge wrote:Honestly, I think I'd just send that back to the factory for a re-barrel.
I know you already took care of it, but I'd have been tempted to get it rebarreled locally, so I could put an after-market THREADED barrel on it - it would go great with my Mystic Suppressor... :twisted: