New RG4570 -- Some problems

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New RG4570 -- Some problems

Post by akuser47 »

Sorry to hear this. I really hope they will make it right for you please keep us posted to your results.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

That's not right!

Good luck and keep us informed.
jh2oman

Post by jh2oman »

I appreciate the "condolences" -- LOL. I want to make this gun work. All the info on this site is super -- from chamber size, cast bullet sizes, ranchdog's loading pressure interpolations, etc. -- this will be a fun piece to play with once these quality issues are resolved. And my biggest hope (maybe by 2015) is my "Deer Management" area is going from slug-only to rifle so I can shoot a deer with this classic ctg. I have a .270 that shoots .75", 3-shot, 100 yd groups w/ a 3 x 9 scope, but that would be cheating. I want get my first rifle-deer old-style. (But I have shot about 30 deer with a scoped .35 Rem Contender -- pistol is legal in a slug-only zone -- go figure -- New York State logic). However, if Rossi stumbles on making me happy, I have my .45-70 Handi-Rifle ready to go.......

JW
jh2oman

Post by jh2oman »

Two part update:
1) The gun with the chuck out of the barrel was sent back (by my local store) to Miami, and we thoroughly detailed the problem, "... chunk of metal gone, hole in the barrel ...etc." . The gun was sent back as "AOK, fired 15 rounds to evaluate rifling problem." Still the same barrel with a hole in it. When I went to go pick it up I had to refuse it. Apparently the repair tech could not read...

2) "Richard's" Sporting Goods (the auto-censor won't let me say D1ck's) in Rochester (Henrietta), NY has tried to make things right for me. Upon my refusal to accept the damaged gun, their manager located for me two guns from another store. Took a while to get them shipped in, but they were going to let me choose which one I wanted to replace the bad one. I took the advice from this website and made up 6 dummy rounds to proof the feeding and cycling. One gun fed and cycled like it had been customized -- the other jammed on every round. I chose the former.
-- Not totally without minor issues: the butt pad looks like it has the stripped screws so many of these have, but that's an easy fix; the brass sight bead if cocked a little to the left (at least the dovetail is tight); and there is no crowning of the muzzle -- barrel is convex, and rifling ends sharp -- again not too difficult of a fix.

I'm not going to flush the action, fix the butt screws or anything until I've shot it -- maybe tomorrow. Wish me luck...
JW
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Holy Rossi!!! Don't know what to say.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!