Got rifle back from Rossi service

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Durf

Got rifle back from Rossi service

Post by Durf »

I sent my 2 week old SS 44 back to rossi. The forearm was almost split threw between mag tube and barrel,small defect in stock, also bent hammer/ trigger screw.To my surprise gun was back in 2 weeks.The screw was replaced and new wood was installed.Wood fit good,better grain in new wood.Everything looked good when I picked it up. I got home put my peep on loaded 11 in the tube 1 in the chamber and made noise.
Everything is great,now I pull the wood to refinish it and dont you know this forearm IS SPLIT ALL THE WAY THREW LOL. Oh well the gun its self is great, so if and when the forearm fails I will replace with boyd wood.
I will have no problem buying another Rossi,almost put a 357 on layaway today when I picked up 44.Only thing that stopped me was not wanting to listen to wife.But the 357 seems to be a rare find now a days????????????
Ya I might be going back to that gun store this friday. thanks for the advice
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 18 Mar 2014 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved to "Rossi Customer Service Experiences" forium
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Got rifle back from Rossi service

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear that it is back! I would not worry about the wood between barrel and magazine tube. I have actually trimmed all contact away on all my R92s.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am glad to hear this and as RD mentioned this area of the forearm is not critical as the wood is so thin between the barrel and mag tube it would not really help anything like RD did many remove it all to free up the contact on the barrel. Mine is so thin in this area It does not worry me. thanks for the update.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Durf

Post by Durf »

Ranch dog
Thanks I was wondering about that.You have alot of very good info on this forum.Rossi Rifleman is one of the main reasons I started looking at 92. Thanks again
Durf
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Durf wrote:Ranch dog
Thanks I was wondering about that.You have alot of very good info on this forum.Rossi Rifleman is one of the main reasons I started looking at 92. Thanks again
Durf
Thanks for your comments Durf... It is really all the members that are providing the input, I just gave them a way to discuss the product hassle free!
Michael
armymutt

Post by armymutt »

I should have sent mine back to Rossi instead of sending it back through Davidsons. Might actually have it by now.