Unfortunate outcome of the Restricted Parts Policy

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Unfortunate outcome of the Restricted Parts Policy

Post by klr »

I'm going to hang around. I still have my daughter's 92 in 357 to slick up and try out on deer. I was looking for one with a 16" barrel for me, but I'm going to wait and see what happens. On the way home from the gun shop last night my wife told me to go ahead and order a Rossi, but not now.

Thanks for the encouragement on the Marlin. I'm going to try and modify it like this:

http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/showth ... ?tid=10689

Sorry for the thread drift, but the point is if you make it hard to own your products buyers have other options.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

As I sit here and look at the photo of the chopped single shot I can only hear the antigun crowd cheering. It is really sad that the manufacturer of the firearm has caused this to come about.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

klr wrote:I'm going to hang around. I still have my daughter's 92 in 357 to slick up and try out on deer. I was looking for one with a 16" barrel for me, but I'm going to wait and see what happens. On the way home from the gun shop last night my wife told me to go ahead and order a Rossi, but not now.

Thanks for the encouragement on the Marlin. I'm going to try and modify it like this:

http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/showth ... ?tid=10689

Sorry for the thread drift, but the point is if you make it hard to own your products buyers have other options.
To everyone of us that own a Rossi firearm. To say my hind end is way past chapped would be an understatement. One thing I would respectfully request each of us on this great forum think about is that most if not all of us own a Rossi firearm. We as a general rule knew that the fit and finish section of the plant has been on strike for awhile now. Fit, finish and polish would more than likely required to make it run like an oiled sewing machine. We took the challenge to made our firearms personal through time and material tearing them apart to make it right.

Now that I have had a day to let this all settle in I have no intention of going down without a fight. I love my Rio Grande and if I have to make parts myself I will. I intend on contacting some places that handle aftermarket parts and make them aware of Rossi's current policy and suggest the powers to be in their company explore the option of making the basic parts that most us know will wear out in time with use.

I read somewhere that Brownells has tons of parts that with some minor fitting can and will work in our Rossi guns. The problem is they would need someone who has a spare to send it to them so they can see what matches it or darn close with some modifications.

For the time being Rossi may win the battle but those of us that refuse to lay down will win the war!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Not much we can do as far as the parts go, not unless you want to get in the parts building business.
We already have the aftermarket spring kits, magazine followers, firing pins and sights.
It seems we need a ready supply mostly of SCREWS, extractors, ejectors (and then very occasionally the oddball linkage part).

I'm not quite there yet BUT if I start busting parts on these puppies I might get into it, at least as far as a extractors, ejectors and possibly firing pins if I was already picking up the other parts.