Good News/Bad News

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Good News/Bad News

Post by pricedo »

xdsd wrote:Not quite - I got a discounted rate of $40 for a FedEx label to FL, and they will pay for the return.
:lol: ........... :shock: .......... :evil:
{the initial humor [this has got to be somebodies idea of a joke!] turning to shock turning to anger thingy}
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:
xdsd wrote:Not quite - I got a discounted rate of $40 for a FedEx label to FL, and they will pay for the return.
:lol: ........... :shock: .......... :evil:
{the initial humor [this has got to be somebodies idea of a joke!] turning to shock turning to anger thingy}
That is disapointing :cry: please keep us posted so we all know what to expect in the future. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

So you are spending ~8% of the cost of the rifle in shipping plus being without the gun to get what should be a simple replacement part that the user should be able to install.

I'm in the SoCal desert area.
How long have you had the gun and where did you pick it up if you don't mind my asking?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

golfish wrote:I wonder if the reason they wont ship "restricted" parts out is because they know they wont fit or work? They might need to be custom fitted.
Sending something to BrazTech to be custom fitted .......... now that's funny. :lol:
Oxymoronic but funny ! :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, this is a real shame but it is a personal decision on how best to handle it.

I'm going to move this to the Rossi CS Experience forum, it will shadow in the 92 forum for three days.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

This is wrong in so many ways.... Never thought I would be left speechless but I can't seem to find anything positive to say other than I am really sorry you are having to do this.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:I am really sorry you are having to do this.
I wouldn't do it.
If it was a new gun I'd take it back and tell them to stuff it.
If something else breaks.......another $40 in shipping costs & another several weeks wait.
I'd dump it now ....... no sense throwing good money after bad.

That's why its good to buy from a Davidson's affiliated dealership with a clearly written return policy.
BrazTech would think twice before insulting a heavyweight like Davidsons by refusing the return.

I'll NEVER buy a BrazTech firearm while that outrageous restricted parts policy remains in place.

Good time to restate the Rossi buying rules of thumb:
1) check them thoroughly before buying them.
2) buy from a dealer with a clearly written return policy like Davidsons
3) use fixable defects found in 1) to leverage discounts
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
xdsd

Post by xdsd »

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions; since I've already spent the 40 bucks I'm going to go ahead and ship it, and we'll see what happens. Also, I've been having some recurrences of the problem I talked about a while back in this thread:

http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1937

When it happens now, it clears up quickly by jiggling the lever a few times, but I'm convinced something internally is out of whack. So maybe if they dig into it they can fix that too.

golfish, thanks for the generous offer - I'll keep that in mind. This was an annual trek out to Ocotillo that a bunch of us do in Jan. or Feb., so I may not be going back for a while.

Archer, I bought the gun in Oct. 2013 at a small independent shop in the San Diego area.

pricedo, I understand your "tell them to stuff it" attitude, and part of me is right there with you. But I figure even if they had sold me the ejector it probably would have been close to $40, so for now that's all I'm out, and if I get back a usable gun I'll be happy.

Now to get this thing packed up and shipped - probably won't get it to FedEx until Friday afternoon, so if they get it Mon. or Tues. I should get it back some time in March.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Good luck and keep us posted as to the results.
I've done a little work in the San Diego area several years ago. I don't think I ever managed to check out any gunshops in that area. I'm several hours away from there at present not even counting traffic.

I have two of the guns and have been contemplating another.

I am not sure what I'd do in your case but I'd probably either do the return, hopefully through my local shop where the guns were purchased/picked up OR I'd have a look at whether or not I could get a machinist to put out ten or a dozen of the parts for a reasonable price.

The question I think would be whether or not I could get an acceptably durable / heat treated part out of them without going brittle. Other than sending them out for treatment the Brownell's heat past for small parts might or might not work. IF I got the process down I might be able to sell some of the excess spares to offset the costs.
xdsd

Re: Good News/Bad News - Update: Got it back

Post by xdsd »

Today FedEx delivered my 92. Here's a timeline of the events:

2/25/14 - Called Braztech
2/27/14 - Shipped via FedEx to Miami
3/11/14 - Received by repair dept.
3/12/14 - Repair completed, shipped
3/18/14 - Received

I got a notification when it was received, and they said it would be about six weeks until repair was completed. This was obviously some boilerplate text, since they completed and shipped it within one day.

Took it down to the range this afternoon for a quick run-through, and everything seems good, although it was pretty stiff. I put the stock springs back before returning it and wanted to try it as is, before tuning it up.

None of us is happy with their restricted parts policy, but since that's the way it is for now I have to say that I am impressed with how quickly they got this turned around. I had been expecting to get it back around the first of May, so I was very surprised to get a message yesterday that it would be delivered today.

Let's hope that they actually do start making some restricted parts available. Based on the way my repair was handled this seems to me to be a solid, very efficient company that tries to keep its customers happy. Time will tell if they take the next logical step and allow us to purchase these parts ourselves.