Good News/Bad News

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
xdsd

Good News/Bad News

Post by xdsd »

Over the weekend I went out to the CA desert with a bunch of shooters (9 of us, about 40 assorted guns) for some serious shooting. This is the first time I've had my .38/.357 16" M92 to anything other than an indoor range. It was a great opportunity to try lots of different guns, but I really wanted to see what my Rossi could do at something greater than the 50 feet distance at my usual range.

We set up a series of targets on the side of a cliff at a distance I would estimate as around 80 yards. We all took turns shooting 5 rounds at the target of our choice, and my favorite session was when I trained my 92 at a bowling pin about 2/3 the way up the side of the cliff. First shot missed by a few inches, second missed by about an inch, third shot hit and sent the bowling pin a few feet down the slope, fourth shot hit again and moved it a few inches, fifth shot hit again and sent it several feet further.

This was very satisfying to me, being able to hit something at that distance with my less than stellar eyesight, using the stock iron sights. Some of the others tried my Rossi and were similarly impressed.

Now for the bad news. Today I stripped it down, hosed it out with brake cleaner and smoothed off some rough areas. I was installing the ejector assembly into the bolt when the spring went flying (as it usually does at least a few times during this process). When I rounded up the pieces I noticed that the end of the ejector had broken off at the narrow part that captures the collar.

Ordinarily this should be a simple matter of ordering a new ejector, but I've heard so many horror stories about getting parts for these things I thought I'd run it by you guys. Will I really need to ship the whole gun back to Florida to get a new ejector? I'd appreciate any suggestions from anybody who has been through this before.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Good News/Bad News

Post by akuser47 »

Glad she shots good and is accurate I'm sorry to hear of your problem. try contacting C.S. they should send one out. keep us posted to your results.
http://www.rossiusa.com/contact.cfm
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Rio Grande

Post by Rio Grande »

I'm interested in how they respond to your request. I have taken mine down a few times and always thought that extractor was a spare part I sure would like to have just because of what happened to you.

Pls do keep us informed as to how they respond.

I have the 20" Octagon Bbl and mine is a tack driver with my reloads. Good Luck.
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" - Lucky Ned Pepper
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Call them at 305-624-1115 and let us know. Not sure about the ejector. I guess the rocketing around the room broke it :?:

That part is actually the Ejector Spring Stop (30) held in place by the ejector using two small pins. I would ask them specifically for that single part.
Michael
xdsd

Post by xdsd »

Just got off the phone with CS, and I'll be shipping the gun back to FL. The ejector is on their "restricted list", so they won't send it out. Not the solution I was hoping for, but I'm over a barrel.

RD, it's actually part #32, the ejector itself. It broke right at the flat narrow part.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

xdsd wrote:Just got off the phone with CS, and I'll be shipping the gun back to FL. The ejector is on their "restricted list", so they won't send it out. Not the solution I was hoping for, but I'm over a barrel.

RD, it's actually part #32, the ejector itself. It broke right at the flat narrow part.
Sorry to hear this but recently one of our own had the same problem and his took 18days his a rio but still I hope yours will be fast. keep us posted to the time frame and before and after results. I would take pics of how she looks now all around to compare to how she is sent back to you have the date set camera. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

xdsd wrote:Just got off the phone with CS, and I'll be shipping the gun back to FL. The ejector is on their "restricted list", so they won't send it out. Not the solution I was hoping for, but I'm over a barrel.

Yeah, not much choice...
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

An ejector is a restricted part :!: :evil:
Hope Rossi is paying the cost of shipping the whole rifle to Florida.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
xdsd

Post by xdsd »

Not quite - I got a discounted rate of $40 for a FedEx label to FL, and they will pay for the return.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Sorry for you lose xdsd. I wonder if the reason they wont ship "restricted" parts out is because they know they wont fit or work? They might need to be custom fitted.

I see you said CA desert. I'm in the IE (Alta Loma) If you need something to shoot on your next outing, I'd gladly loan you my .357 rifle.