Warranty Report

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Warranty Report

Post by akuser47 »

The forcing cone is the funnel-like mouth at the chamber entrance to your barrel. keep us posted to your range session.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Caribouriver wrote:OP here. I don't know what "barrel forcing cone damaged and replaced" means. I just read it off the repair order. I'm a Rossi noob. I thought the "cone" was that ejector collar thingy. Robert in CS called me today asking if I had received the rifle and if it was AOK. I said it did snap caps fine and that I'm headed to the range soon. It never occurred to me to ask what was actually done regarding the "barrel forcing cone damaged/replaced". He left his number and extension if I had any issues after I actually fired it. I'll report back either way and inquire what that forcing cone repair actually involved.
Wow! That is impressive!
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

akuser47 wrote:The forcing cone is the funnel-like mouth at the chamber entrance to your barrel. keep us posted to your range session.
I've never heard the term 'forcing cone' applied to anything other than a revolver or a shotgun and in those contexts it is the part of the barrel directly forward of the cylinder before the rifling starts or the area of the shotgun barrel that transitions from the front of the shell to the constant area of the barrel. I had assumed they intended to indicate the rifling lead or the freebore ahead of the chamber.

I didn't think the breech opening of the barrel where it may be throated or chamfered a bit.

I had assumed the work order indicated that the barrel was either incorrectly chambered in some way and had to have the freebore adjusted in some way but as the extractor was loose it might indicate the breach had been damaged by the extractor not lining up with the slot cut for it.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I do agree I think rossi's terminology needs some work but I think the term they should coin is feed ramp! LoL as it is not actaully a forcing cone a forceing cone feeds a fired bullet to the barrel of said firearm so their definition is incorrect as is many things they are dooing in their service to us I sent an email about this very subjec t and await a response to post once and if I get one. lol
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!