Saved Face.... No Really

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saved Face.... No Really

Post by Ranch Dog »

donhuff wrote:RD,
It's right with unique in burn rate sooooo. What would Unique do in that kind of charge? I know it wont be exact, but would be a rough idea.
Burn rate is VERY misleading it would be very tough to speculate on what it produced. Unique and Universal sit immediately next to each other on the charts yet there is quite a difference in the PSI with the same charge. I used 16.4-grains...

Unique 73.7K PSI
Universal 84.7K PSI
Michael
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

Well, while that is definitely high, it's not really as high as I was expecting. Thanks.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

donhuff wrote:Well, while that is definitely high, it's not really as high as I was expecting. Thanks.
That was why I was curious exactly to what the damage to the rifle was.
Michael
retiredpo

Post by retiredpo »

The rifle is at the factory now, going thru the inspection process.... it will need at least a new barrell I would expect.... will post when I get the full report.... I can have them send me the barrel if that is of any interest.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

retiredpo wrote:The rifle is at the factory now, going thru the inspection process.... it will need at least a new barrell I would expect.... will post when I get the full report.... I can have them send me the barrel if that is of any interest.
Did it physically swell or bulge the barrel?
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

They will check for stress fractures.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:They will check for stress fractures.
I am going to guess it could probably swell / bulge without actual fracturing although I might be expecting too much and dye-pen or other NDI might show fracturing.
The obvious bulges I've seen were a result of a squib load followed by a fired round. I've only seen a couple and I wasn't present when they happened.

A buddy had a Korean re-import M1 Garand that looked perfect but the best groups he could get out of it were a foot across at 50 yards. I could do no better than maybe 8-9" groups with it. When we slugged the barrel it was tight for about 8" from the muzzle upon which time the pure lead slug we were driving down it fell free for about six inches followed by the barrel being more or less tight to the chamber. There was no discernible bulge in the barrel. The owner had it rebarreled in .308 at the same time he had it bedded and the match mods made to it instead of worry with even talking to the importer.
retiredpo

Post by retiredpo »

On the exterior I could see no buldge...but Im not a trained EYE..... Rossi notified me yesterday ...gun has arrived....I should begin my 6 week waiting period..... will let you know what I learn....
retiredpo

Post by retiredpo »

Im sorry, I forgot to add.... When I grow up, I would love my collection of rossis to look exactly like the
RD photo of the 4.... Scope and cheek pads.... can someone point me to the products and how they were installed. thanks ahead of time.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

retiredpo wrote:Im sorry, I forgot to add.... When I grow up, I would love my collection of rossis to look exactly like the
RD photo of the 4.... Scope and cheek pads.... can someone point me to the products and how they were installed. thanks ahead of time.
http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic ... rest#p4475
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson