Saved Face.... No Really

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saved Face.... No Really

Post by Ranch Dog »

I just checked on the cheek pieces last week and they are still on back order. This used to be one of the "restricted" parts but is no longer such. You do need a serial number from a Single Shot rifle, as they are no longer considered a R92 part since the R02-XX002 models where dropped. There is no trouble coming up with a number as there is a huge amount of them in view on GunBroker.
Michael
retiredpo

Post by retiredpo »

Heres a shocker... Rossi said 6 weeks....(not 6 days) also said that when they got to it they would call and discuss the damage and the fix and the price..... yesterday morning Fed Ex showed up with a box I need to sign for.
at first I thought they just turned the gun around and it was a lost cause.... New Barrel, New Bolt. and No Bill.
Holy freekin cow..... I am over the wall impressed with Rossi.... I really dont know what to say... It shoots great, it chambers beautifully.... there is a new sticking point where the loading gate stops the nextround from exiting the mag tube... but with a little care, and cleaning Im sure that will clean up....
Im just overwhelmed with the response from Rossi.... I dont know what to say.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

retiredpo wrote:Heres a shocker... Rossi said 6 weeks....(not 6 days) also said that when they got to it they would call and discuss the damage and the fix and the price..... yesterday morning Fed Ex showed up with a box I need to sign for.

at first I thought they just turned the gun around and it was a lost cause.... New Barrel, New Bolt. and No Bill.
Holy freekin cow..... I am over the wall impressed with Rossi.... I really dont know what to say... It shoots great, it chambers beautifully.... there is a new sticking point where the loading gate stops the nextround from exiting the mag tube... but with a little care, and cleaning Im sure that will clean up....
Im just overwhelmed with the response from Rossi.... I dont know what to say.....
Thanks for taking the time to provide the report! That is good service!

I never had much contact with firearm manufacturers before Rossi. When I owned a brace of H&R, direct telephone contact with Customer Service impacted my decision to never buy another. I had very little with Marlin, but what I had was very good. What I've seen of Rossi (and Taurus) is that it is getting better all the time. I have an large number of their arms, embarrassed to say how many, so over the last three years have had quite a bit of contact with them.

By comparison, I have an active claim with Savage and Rossi is the hands down winner based on my experience. The Savage website does not allow the owner to access the repair status. Telephone contact is tough, their call line actually seems to discourage checking as there is no options for it. Selecting what seems appropriate brings you back through a continuous loop of the selections. The best option is just to continuously push "0". Wait times are huge and limited info available when contact is made. Savage will soon have had my rifle two months. They never even acknowledged receiving the rifle. At this point, I'm discouraged and really doubt I would buy a "modern" Savage rifle again.
[hr][/hr]
This topic will be moving to the Rossi CS Experiences forum...
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
retiredpo wrote:Heres a shocker... Rossi said 6 weeks....(not 6 days) also said that when they got to it they would call and discuss the damage and the fix and the price..... yesterday morning Fed Ex showed up with a box I need to sign for.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the report! That is good service!

I never had much contact with firearm manufacturers before Rossi. When I owned a brace of H&R, direct telephone contact with Customer Service impacted my decision to never buy another. I had very little with Marlin, but what I had was very good. What I've seen of Rossi (and Taurus) is that it is getting better all the time. I have an large number of their arms, embarrassed to say how many, so over the last three years have had quite a bit of contact with them.

By comparison, I have an active claim with Savage and Rossi is the hands down winner based on my experience. The Savage website does not allow the owner to access the repair status. Telephone contact is tough, their call line actually seems to discourage checking as there is no options for it. Selecting what seems appropriate brings you back through a continuous loop of the selections. The best option is just to continuously push "0". Wait times are huge and limited info available when contact is made. Savage will soon have had my rifle two months. They never even acknowledged receiving the rifle. At this point, I'm discouraged and really doubt I would buy a "modern" Savage rifle again.
[hr][/hr]
This topic will be moving to the Rossi CS Experiences forum...
When I evaluate firearms brands I compare product performance & reliability track records & not customer service track records.
The very best product brand CS (Customer Service) is the one you DON'T have to contact because the product you purchased is performing well.

I've owned a lot of Savage rifles including 4 x 99s & presently own 3 very accurate, dependable workhorse Savage bolt rifles & have NEVER had to contact Savage about a product defect because NONE (not a single one!) of their guns I bought had any.
Savage guns have been really easy to resell for me always at a profit because the product has such an excellent reputation & because guns I have owned are generally better than new ones because they're meticulously well cared for & are tuned & run like the proverbial Swiss watches.
For me the measure of a firearms manufacturer brand is the percentage of satisfied customers who DON'T have a need to contact the companies CS. Kinda like the Maytag Repairman.
The Savage Repairman

I don't think that a high customer service contact frequency is a badge of honor for a manufacturing brand but that's just silly ole me. If I surveyed 20 customers of a particular company and none of them knew the customer service department contact details that would speak volumes to me in a positive light.

I'd like to see a comparison of BrazTech & Savage customer satisfaction stats. I don't know for sure but I'd bet based on the surface appearance of things that the Savage customers are the happier campers.
Any takers? +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Wow that is outstanding!!! Thanks for posting a happy ending.... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Nice to see everything worked out for the OP & his gun.
This cloud had a silver lining. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Great to hear thanks for sharing it helps us all. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I do own a Savage bolt in .243 Winchester.
One of these days I'm going to have to put a scope on it and get it out to the range.

Won it as a door prize.
Near as I can tell without shooting it is absolutely fine.
I DO think Savage's practice of marketing, packaging and labeling their magazines needs some serious help.
Getting a spare mag wasn't much trouble but it WAS somewhat confusing.
Getting scope rings has also been a bit of a PITA.

Is there a thread on the Savage return to sender that details the problems with the gun/company?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I can better live with a gun manufacturing company that is not so strong in the clerical department but markets a fine rifle than vice versa.
If I pull a good rifle outta the box I don't need do deal with the companies CS department.
If I pull a crappy gun outa the cardboard an efficient CS department ain't gonna soothe my sensibilities.
I buy product brand names that get it right the first time every time.
That has been MY experience with the Savage company & its products.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:That has been MY experience with the Savage company & its products.
Not mine but I will see what they do about the rifle.
Michael