Rossi Customer Service Evaluation

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
rzavaleta

Re: Rossi Customer Service Evaluation

Post by rzavaleta »

Got my RG4570B back (REPAIRED, not replaced). Got it to a range. It fired and fed fine, but when I was finished shooting (only 12 rounds), I checked it out and, sure enough, had to retighten 4 screws! Just back from repair! Hell with it!!! I'll try some lock-tite ... maybe. Give more time ... maybe ...

One well-placed round is worth 20 spray-and-pray.
ONE well-placed round beats a whole bunch of "spray & pray" any day!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

This is a common occurance for alot of rifles not just rossi. Except ak's and ar's I always use blue loctite to be safe. My 92 sure does like to loosen up if I do not. Is she shooting POA?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rzavaleta wrote:Got my RG4570B back (REPAIRED, not replaced). Got it to a range. It fired and fed fine, but when I was finished shooting (only 12 rounds), I checked it out and, sure enough, had to retighten 4 screws! Just back from repair! Hell with it!!! I'll try some lock-tite ... maybe. Give more time ... maybe ...

One well-placed round is worth 20 spray-and-pray.
Did you check them before you started shooting? This is part of daily maintenance as screws come loose under recoil. There are actually screws on leveraction rifles that I don't what tight and cinched down. For instance, I feel it a mistake to have the band screws under strict tension as it effect the MOA performance of most rifles. I have shot 13,000 rounds of ammo this year, across almost fifty different firearms of five different manufacturers and screws back out.

If you use be sure you use the blue Locktite that AK recommended. My objection to it's use on my firearms as it is a nut & bolt locker, the material has no recommendations as far as machine screws. I have never put Locktite on a screw except those going through a scope base into a receiver. I have purchased used firearms were the previous owners used it and ended up cursing them for it. It has usually meant replacing the screws with a new one as you will bugger the head. Once apart, it was obvious that the firearm had never been maintained.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

My old Winchester 94s don't seem to have the loose screw problem.
I check em religiously but they don't come loose........and I do shoot the guns quite a bit.
I think when the Winchester finish oxidizes to the "old Winchester" patina we're familiar with on family heirloom 92s & 94s the screws are kinda locked in.

My Amadeo Rossi M92/454 carbine gets shot quite a bit and it's screws remain tight & those 355 grain hc lead bullets are whisling out of the barrel pretty darn quick.

The screws on my Marlin Guide Guns (45-70) need tightening every once in a while.......the recoil from these guns is a definite waker-upper as I shoot heavy loads.........430 grain hc lead @ 1850 fps. :mrgreen:

Screws needing tightening every once in a while especially from heavy hitter leverguns is not unusual and nothing to panic about. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My R92 chambered in 480 Ruger was a used rifle. Every screw on it was secured with Loctite and most were damaged removing them. I had several that sheared half a segment of the screw head which required them to be drilled and then extracted using a tap. The magazine tube band was also damaged because the previous owner had not paid attention the type of screwdrivers needed and their respective width and depth. Luckily, it was during a period that Braztech was selling these parts and they were in stock so I purchased a new screw set and band. I secured them properly and have fired 250 rounds from this heavy weight pumpkin chunker and it has needed no further adjustment.
Michael
olereb

Post by olereb »

Like others have mentioned screws backing out is not a big deal and a common thing,especially in heavy recoil rifles. It can be a pain but its a price you pay for owning leverguns like that.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I don't soak my screws with blue loctite just a little dab tiny just to help it stick better. I never had an issue with my screws breaking or not coming loose.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:I don't soak my screws with blue loctite just a little dab tiny just to help it stick better. I never had an issue with my screws breaking or not coming loose.
If you are going to use it, "blue" would be the goo to use!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
akuser47 wrote:I don't soak my screws with blue loctite just a little dab tiny just to help it stick better. I never had an issue with my screws breaking or not coming loose.
If you are going to use it, "blue" would be the goo to use!
Oh yes blue is my best friend I have bought used guns where someone used red I am not pleased when that occurs. It almost always takes heat to remove them then and at the risk of tempering the parts this scares me. I have tried penetraiting oils to no success in these cases.
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

Apply heat with the tip of a soldering iron-preferably one with temperature control.
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill