Rossi Customer Service Evaluation

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rossi Customer Service Evaluation

Post by akuser47 »

Strawdawg wrote:Apply heat with the tip of a soldering iron-preferably one with temperature control.
Now this is a good idea thanks.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The first step is using the proper tip that fits precisely with absolutely no free play ........lots of amateur gunsmiths fall down in this department with a track record of buggered screw heads conspicuous on every gun they own.

My machinist/gunsmith/welder friend uses an electric impact type screwdriver that vibates the tip at very high frequency which shatters the epoxy & loctite bonds between metal objects including screw and receivers. I'll have to get the particulars of who makes it when next I have occassion to visit his shop.

If you use the red loctite you gotta be sure that the screw isn't ever coming out.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I like that pricedo a sonic screwdriver please get the details for us. I currently have this screwdriver set http://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-89-Piece- ... driver+set
the wheeler isn't perfect but is nice for the money compared to all the cheap bit sets I have tried before this.I also have alot of kobalt precision drivers as well. As you stated an improper fit of the tool will cause wear or damge for sure.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I ran a group buy a number of years ago for this set of Grace Screwdrivers plus a few more. This basic set includes drivers for all screws used on the Marlin 336 & 1895. My buy included additional drivers that are used on the Marlin 39A plus drivers for the screws used on Weaver bases and rings.
GUSA-HG-MAR-2.jpg
I need to return two drivers that a broken, that screws on the R92~480 Ruger did that as well as breaking the screw heads mentioned. My Rossi's which include all the models plus the CJ and handguns, use the same but few drivers than the Marlins. Rossi seems good at keeping things common to keep cost down and this applies to the screws. With the Marlin 39A set, I sent Grace every screw used on the rifle, and they made drivers for them. May be I should do this with the Rossi's? Would there be any interest?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

Might be of interest to some. However, I bought the set of Grace bits for Win 92 from Brownells and they work great. I think Brownells even states they are for Win/Rossi 92 models.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I have gunsmith screw driver sets with literally dozens of bits............bin doin this for a while............started way back when the Winchester & Marlin snobs used to turn their noses up at me at the range and the only gun forums were a few loose-leaf gun runner rags. :lol:

Winchester & Marlin ............where are they now?........wholly owned rumps of their former corporate selves......as a less refined person than myself might say they are both "pimples on somebody elses b _ _ _ _ _ _ e". :cry:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA