Rossi warranty service

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Doc_Floyd

Rossi warranty service

Post by Doc_Floyd »

Does anyone have any experience with Rossi's warranty service on the RG 4570SS?

I have managed to put six round through it - but cannot easily cycle the action without slamming the lever due to a bad fitting of the bolt such that it won't go into battery and hangs up on every round. As well, the loading gate bottoms out on the finger level or carrier and I have to open the action slightly to push some rounds in - requiring some minutes to load. A gunsmith who looked at it said there was such a bad fit on the bolt that the cam on the finger level was binding and that warranty service would be the better option.

My question is related to sights. The warranty document says remove all "specialty sights", e.g. my Skinner sights, but will they require that I put the rail back on and refit the buckhorn rear sight?

flj
04wrangler

Re: Rossi warranty service

Post by 04wrangler »

I'd suggest you just call them. The guy I talked to was quite helpful and could probably answer this. If your experience is like mine,
they will E-mail you a FedEx shipper as well. They will tell you 6-8 weeks turnaround, but I sent mine in a little over three weeks
ago and got it back in 18 days (broken ejector and lopsided mag tube). Results look pretty good so far.

Ken
In wine, there is truth; in beer, strength; in water, bacteria.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ken offers good advice, your call to establish the claim will offer more information.

Sound like the bolt is hanging up on the hammer's radius and the bottom of the loading gate door is making contact with the carrier while the action is at rest.

Oh, I'm moving this to "Rossi Customer Service Experiences". The "shadow" will remain in "Rio Grande" for three days, access from either location will work through that period.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Doc, quick question?

The Rio Grande RG4570 depends on a very thin and fine lever to work around the fat 45-70 cartridge. I see you had Mule Man Gun Works do some work to your lever. Did you send him your lever or the whole gun? If just the lever, did the rifle exhibit the same feed issue prior to it being sent to AR?
Michael