Finally Very happy

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Biggus

Finally Very happy

Post by Biggus »

I too had a m92 20" round barrlel in 38/357 that would not feed ANYTHING! Round nose, flat point tapered, swc, RNFP, in 38 or 357 etc. The cartridge attacked the chamber at a 45 degree angle. This new Xmas present went to Miami. When I got it back it still would not chamber other than manually feeding the chamber. Back it went to Florida. When I got it back it would chamber 38's, there was a carbonized spot on the reciever on the foreward upper right side. It looked like someone took an oxy acetylene torch and made it red hot. There was a rough feed ramp cut in the barrel mouth about the radius of a 22 shell. Any cartridge loaded manually and fired had a heavy blister (bulge) in the brass just ahead of the web.
Back it went with my concerns about magazine explosion if any of the brass burst in the chamber. Two weeks later the rifle had a new barrel with fine feed ramp, re-blued reciever and was able to lever function both calibers in ANY bullet configuration including SWC's.
Now five months after purchasing this rifle, I am very happy with it.
The recoil is pleasant. More so than my 50BMG single shot! Now all I have to do is find the right tang sight for it. Hopefully a no-gunsmithing tang sight and my 69 year old eyes will be better able to aim properly.
I appreciate all the comments on the tang sight, but regret that more info on how tough it is to mount these sights was not given.
This rifle is prettier than a new puppy and I love to shoot it and re-load for it.