Rio Grande Repair

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
04wrangler

Rio Grande Repair

Post by 04wrangler »

Hello,

I started a thread on the Rio Grande section before I noticed this one. I'll summarize for the rest of you.

I picked up a Rio Grande the last weekend in April and finally got to the range a couple weeks later. Rifle
was shooting OK, but could not get more than three rounds in the magazine. Figured it needed a good cleaning,
which I had neglected to do beforehand. After about a dozen rounds or so, the ejector broke too. After consulting
the Rio Grande board, set the rifle back on 5/13. Rossi picked up the shipping. Received it back tonight (5/31).

So far, my issues appear to have been handled fine. Managed to get a full magazine loaded and cycled them through
the rile, testing the ejector. No issues. Going to try to smooth out the channel on the bolt where the ejector rides. It's
pretty rough and may have played a part in the first ejector's early demise. Thanks to whoever posted the tuning video.
I don't think I'll touch the trigger mechanism, it seems fine as is, actually.

Other than needing to send it back in the first place, Rossi handled this pretty well.

Ken
In wine, there is truth; in beer, strength; in water, bacteria.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rio Grande Repair

Post by akuser47 »

Good to hear, keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Rio Grande Repair

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Now its time to send lead down range..... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson