Fed a load of bull spit on the target they sent me

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
jh45gun

Fed a load of bull spit on the target they sent me

Post by jh45gun »

Well when I got my Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol back. (Mares Leg) they sent a target shot at 30 yards at a two inch bull with the aim point right at the bottom of the black bull. (Tested by Felix) The group they said was 2 1/4 5 shot group. So today I went and shot it at a pop can at about 15 yards and was shooting over it. So I shot at a small clump of dirt on a sand bank around 30 yards and saw it was shooting at least a foot high. STILL!!!! Come back into town and went to the gun shop and they measured the front sight and it was .440. So I got a new Williams Fire Sight I am guessing it is the .538 sight listed in the book as it is marked 53 on the base and the sights in the 500 range goes from .500 to .538 to 570. I wanted a front Fiber Optic sight so that works for me. Price was 10.99 so That is livable in case I would have to go with the .570. I will not be out that much if it does not work. I hope this sight is high enough.

To clarify the target

The group was centered on the Target they sent it to me. They circled the group and measured it and they also indicated the POA was at the base of the two inch bull. Two holes were a half inch apart right below point of aim according to him. Two holes together just left of center and touching the center line if you draw a line through the center of the bull. 5th shot is between two and three o:clock just inside the bull.

The target has my serial number and Service order #. Target said Bench rested at 30 yards and is shooting to factory specs. Bull spit! I mean the group is good but no way was he holding where he said he was. Ammo was Winchester 225 grain. I am shooting 252 grain bullets that is lighter than that using WW. Now before some one says that it might make a difference and I know heavier bullets will shoot higher. I have shot factory 225 Federal ammo in this gun and it printed very close to my hand loads.

Like I said I hope this sight is high enough now.
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 25 May 2013 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed employee's last name.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Fed a load of bull spit on the target they sent me

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Let us know how it works out when you get a chance to shoot it again....
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

I will, might be a couple of weeks. Gas here in Northern WI is 4.21 a gallon it was 4.28 a couple of days ago. They are blaming three Chicago refineries being shut down at the same time. Any excuse :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: So I will not shoot it until June 8 when I am going to visit some relatives. I will try it out then. I sure hope gas will go down by then. Seems odd that we are being hit by this and other places gas is a dollar lower or more. What really bugs me is our little city has a Refinery the only one in the state. Williams Sight company called me back this morning and confirmed the sight I got is .538 and should hopefully should do it for me.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Likewise, hope the new sight works out and please post your results for others to see.

I removed the employee's last name from your opening post.
Michael
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

OK I will do that and I guess I should not have included the name but I thought I was being handed some BS but now some one posted this at the cast bullet forum and some one suggested the same at Paco's site I never gave this a thought so it could be possible but if that is the case it is not a fair test of how the gun would shoot if a human shoots it. Guess I never thought how a factory tests guns.

Although they told you it was shot from a bench I have to wonder if they don't have a clamping set up for testing. That would remove the normal muzzle rise that occurs when the gun is hand held on the bench. Sights that work fine from a locked position would likely shoot high when hand held. If that is what they are doing they need to change their test method.
if this is the case then that maybe is the reason that all these guns shoot high they are not allowed to rise which is not a fair test.

might be a week or two before I can shoot it but I will post the results.
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

Well Rossi normally sends you a letter saying what they did to the gun I know this because they send me one that was to the wrong person and the wrong gun. :roll: SoI asked them to send me the right letter for proof of what they did when they repaired it for my records a reasonable request. They guy I talked to said he would but I never got it. I suppose he forgot so I called again and they said they would send the right letter showing what they done and the letter said they fixed it (yea I knew that :roll: ) but no description of what they did so I called again and got a lady this time who said she would send it right out and apologized. So while I had her on the phone I asked how do they sight in their guns and told her why. She said they bench rest it but no sandbags and no vise. So I told her well does not matter now I bought a higher front sight but I sure would like to know how your guy got such a perfect target shooting it when I cannot with them sights and I could not when I got the gun.