Positive Rossi Customer Service

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
jh45gun

Positive Rossi Customer Service

Post by jh45gun »

OK here is the deal I sent my Ranch Hand back because the screw backed out of the Cartridge guide and it appeared to be stripped. It locked up the lever so I sent it back and I told them while they had it fix the shooting high issues most of these have and put on a new rear sight since I had filed a deeper groove in mine last fall since it was shooting so high and I wanted it to hit where it was supposed to. I would have ordered different sights but since they had it I felt they should fix the issue.

Got it back today they told me 6 weeks it came back just over 4 weeks.

OK they sent back the gun with a new Cartridge guide and new screw. Sent back the old parts to show they had been replaced. They replaced the back sight and elevator as requested and sent proof it was shooting POA a target shot at 30 yards with a 5 shot group using Winchester 125 grain FP ammo. Three shots in the bull and two right below the bull at the 6:00 position. It was a 2 inch group. The guy that shot the target said 2 and 1/4 What ever it looks like two to me maybe a bit less as his circle around the group was generous. The only gun I ever sent back to a company was the Henry I had in 22 mag for a hammer issue they sent it back in a week. So while the Rossi took longer they were still two weeks faster than they predicted and did take care of the sight shooting high issue so I am more than satisfied.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Positive Rossi Customer Service

Post by pricedo »

jh45gun wrote:OK here is the deal I sent my Ranch Hand back because the screw backed out of the Cartridge guide and it appeared to be stripped. It locked up the lever so I sent it back and I told them while they had it fix the shooting high issues most of these have and put on a new rear sight since I had filed a deeper groove in mine last fall since it was shooting so high and I wanted it to hit where it was supposed to. I would have ordered different sights but since they had it I felt they should fix the issue.

Got it back today they told me 6 weeks it came back just over 4 weeks.

OK they sent back the gun with a new Cartridge guide and new screw. Sent back the old parts to show they had been replaced. They replaced the back sight and elevator as requested and sent proof it was shooting POA a target shot at 30 yards with a 5 shot group using Winchester 125 grain FP ammo. Three shots in the bull and two right below the bull at the 6:00 position. It was a 2 inch group. The guy that shot the target said 2 and 1/4 What ever it looks like two to me maybe a bit less as his circle around the group was generous. The only gun I ever sent back to a company was the Henry I had in 22 mag for a hammer issue they sent it back in a week. So while the Rossi took longer they were still two weeks faster than they predicted and did take care of the sight shooting high issue so I am more than satisfied.
Looks like they fixed the cartridge guide which shouldn't have been defective in a brand new gun in the first place had somebody in Brazil been bothered to inspect (it's called quality control) the guns before they were shipped to dealers.
The acid test will be the groups it shoots in your hands.
Got my fingers crossed that things will work out for you.
Keep us in the loop.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

Yea but unfortunately QC some times slips by. When folks complain about Taurus and Rossi guns having some issues I get on them about Ruger I do not even own a Ruger gun anymore I got so fed up with them and in the past I had a lot of them over the years. Lack of money would force me to trade guns for something else that caught my eye (A gun disease a lot of folks have LOL). I have some regret on a couple of good ones I let go but to be honest some of the other ones I did not miss at all they were disappointing to say the least. It was those ones that gave me such a bad out look on Ruger. I would never buy a used one again unless I could try it out and most of the time that does not happen especially if it is at a store or gun show.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

jh45gun wrote:Yea but unfortunately QC some times slips by.
I noticed. :mrgreen:
That's why I keep a red metal tool box labelled "ROSSI" on the top shelf in my work den.
Saves me the trouble of running down the right screw driver tips, files and fine grit emery paper each & every time I pull a gun (not just Rossi guns......any gun) apart & tune it up.
2/3 of my gun tune-up/fix-up time was spent locating tools til I got my "stuff" together in the l'ill red tool box. +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA