RD Had Another Warranty Claim

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

RD Had Another Warranty Claim

Post by Ranch Dog »

I posted this on TaurusArmed.net but thought it might be useful for anyone with a Rossi that is facing a warranty claim in that the both Taurus and Rossi and handled in the same facility with the same people.

I had another warranty claim and it has already been settled. I thought I would see it through before mentioning it here. I handled the claim as experience has taught me, there was no frustration, and it was settled quickly.

The problem was an issue with my PT745PRO, the barrel not being concentric with the chamber cut, an issue that I experienced with both my 25PLY and PT111. The problem with the 745 was not as critical as the other two pistols but as I neared one year of ownership it started to eat on me as started working with the cast bullet I've been developing for the Taurus 45 ACP pistols. Using what I have learned from my past experiences, I followed these steps:
  • I documented the issue completely in writing as if I was only going to send the letter.
  • Before calling I created a summary of less than 25 words to describe the issue, based on my letter, so that I would not loose the CS agent's attention.
  • At the call I noted the agents name and referred to him by name throughout the call. During the call, I expressed zero frustration with the product or situation. Kind of "it is what it is, what do you think we can do about it".
  • The agent suggested that I return the pistol, with my documentation, so I asked him for prepaid shipping. He had go off line to get approval but was immediately back with that approval.
  • I asked if I could stay on the phone while he emailed me the FedEx shipping label. He was happy to do it and once the email appeared we shared pleasantries and hung up.
  • I followed the link in the FedEx email, completed the shipment online, and printed the address label.
  • Finally I packed the gun, sealed it up, and took it to town and dropped it in the FedEx drop box.
The box was dropped in the FedEx box on 02/03/12, and FedEx just left the ranch (02/13/12). This pistol was returned with the repair order noting that the repair was as requested with a smiley face drawn on it. The barrel is perfect. This is the third time I've followed these steps and the outcome has been the same with each experience.

Taurus has sold me based on my experience, I own 14 Taurus handguns and 3 Rossi rifles.
Michael
doskiez

Re: RD Had Another Warranty Claim

Post by doskiez »

That is great to hear. I own 1 Taurus handgun and the Rio Grand. I have had no major issues that a little adjustment on my part couldnt fix on the handgun. Other than the action job on the Rio, I have had no issues with it so far either. I have been looking at the 740 slim handgun for my next purchase. Do you have any experience with it? I am looking for something to carry in between a .380 Auto and my 1911 and that seems to fit the bill perfectly.
Rio Grand .45-70
Many more guns, reloading equipment, etc etc.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: RD Had Another Warranty Claim

Post by joec »

I have sent both a Taurus PT 111 and Rossi 92 back for repairs. The PT 111 Pro was the recoil spring assembly came apart after about 1000 rounds. Gun back repaired in 10 days all shipping on their dime. I've since put at least 5000 more rounds through the gun with no problem but have an extra recoil assembly in the event it happen. Now my Rossi 92 was a feed problem that I discovered right after cleaning and lubing the rifle. Called got the packing slip in a few minutes from Fed Ex and shipped it, back fixed in 5 business days then put 500 rounds through it without a problem before apply the Steve's Gunz job on it. After 2 years and thousands of rounds not a single problem at all.

I also have the Rio Grande which I reported on here as well as a PT911 and PT 92 both of which have been perfect out of the box for a number of years now. Both pistols have a few thousand rounds through them also though the Rio Grande has only had about 200 rounds through it to date.
Joe