sighting in .45 Colt Rossi

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

sighting in .45 Colt Rossi

Post by Moon Tree »

I replaced the factory Rossi rear sights with a Steve's Gunz flat top rear sight. I have a Marble tang peep sight on the rifle so I was pretty sure I could get close to alignment. The first shot I used Lee C300-RFN on top of 23.o grains of H-110.This load shoots VERY WERY in my 20" barrel Rossi. It hit bullseye.

Next a shot the only XTP 300 mag topped with 22.3 grains of H-110. It hit high and right. AND, the hole was not a clean cut. I'm suspecting it is tumbling. In my penetration tests with this load, some of the mushroomed tops where on a diagonal. I thought maybe they hit on a curved section of my feed bags or maybe hit a harder piece of wood chips. My penetration tests where done at 25 yards. This accuracy test was done at 50 yards. I've have to do more testing with this rounds.

Next up, I fired a couple rounds of the XTP 300 (non-mag bullets) charged with 22.0 grains of H-110. The first shot was low and left. The "low" was probably me. Second shot was, also left.

Lastly, I shot 2 rounds of the XTP 300 grain (non-mag bullets) charged with 20.0 of Lil'Gun. They cut a clover leaf in the bullseye with the Lee C300-RFN. That's AWESOME news. Both these load have the same point of impact. And, either of them will knock the hooves off a deer and probably the claws off a bear. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.