2016 bullet for Rossi .357mag

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: 2016 bullet for Rossi .357mag

Post by Moon Tree »

I don't have a 1cc dipper. I can probably pick one up this week.

I'm confused by this: That is easy. Weigh a empty, case that has been fired but still has the powder in it. They you fill it with water until the water is flat level with the case rim. A medicine dropper is a good way to fill the case and use a tissue to absorb and water drops on the outside of the case or wick the water dome flat that forms on the top of the column of water.

If the cartridge has been fired, how is there powder in it? Do you mean the carbon build up or should I add powder to the case, if so how much?

I don't have 2 chronos. Since the 3 shots I fired were very consistent, maybe I could shoot through 1 chrono at 2 distances. Not real scientific, but it might get us in the ball park. especially if a 5 shot string at 10 feet had a low SD and the 25 yard sting also had a low SD. Of course, I believe in unicorns. haha
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
Deleted User 2964

Post by Deleted User 2964 »

I think he meant primer
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

+1
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

SixGun Sounds wrote:I think he meant primer
Yeah sorry about the confusion, I meant primer. Been out, day 4 of a 6 day hunt. Finish this when I get back.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

You weigh the empty case and the case full of water, subtract to get the weight of the water, convert that grain weight to grams. One gram of water equals 1 cc of water so you arrive at case capacity in cubic centimeters. Somewhere on the net there is a table of capacities of common cases, but it seems to me it didn't specify the brands and there are differences that may or may not be meaningful to the calculations.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Thanks guy for clarifying. I leave Friday for a deer hunting. I hope to get time to get this info together before my trip, but with work, packing and other obligations it's really doubtful. So don't think my slow response is a lack of interest. :)
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.