Friendly rifle shot volume II

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Friendly rifle shot volume II

Post by Moon Tree »

I want to invite you all to the 2nd Annual Friendly rifle shoot at Moon Tree Farm, August 5.6 and 7. The whole idea of this shoot is to get us ready for hunting season. So, I want to simulate hunting conditions.
We will be shooting: rimfire rifles at 50 yards.
centerfire open sight rifles at 100 yards.
scoped centerfire rifles at 200 yards.
If you don't have any of these firearms, you're welcome to use mine or probably any of the other shooter's' rifle. Like the title says, "this is a friendly shoot."

The top finisher in each of these shoots will move on to the finals, as well as the highest points shooter who did not win one of the above shoots.

The finals will be rimfire rifle at swinging squirrel target behind a swinging turkey. Hit the turkey, you are disqualified.

Rule changes this year: You can't shoot from a prone position. Reasons: bad neck doesn't allow me to do it. But, most importantly, how often have you taken game while shooting from a prone position. In 48+ years of hunting, I've done it once. I was squirrel hunting up Dad's hollow in late October when it started to rain. Squirrels were on the ground everywhere eating acorns. I spy a fallen beechnut tree with a hollow core of about 3 foot diameter. So, I crawl inside it to snipe squirrels while shooting from a prone position. I took 5 home. Talking with several hunting friends over the last year, each could only come up with MAYBE one time in their hunting career where they took game while laying on their bellies.

Legal shooting stances will be: standing, kneeling or sitting. Sorry, I don't have a tree big enough on my range to support a tree stand with a shooting rest.

Camping will be in the "Party Field" on the back corner of my farm.

Friday evening's dinner will be determined later.
Saturday's dinner will be smoked wild boar, rice and beans.
Breakfast's Saturday and Sunday will be worked out by all who show up.
Lunches will be on your own.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.